GM asks government to block public tracking of jet

Old November 28th, 2008, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
[email protected]

Default GM asks government to block public tracking of jet

GM asks government to block public tracking of jet
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:14pm EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - General Motors Corp, whose chief executive was
blasted last week by U.S. lawmakers for flying on a private jet to ask
for public funds, has asked the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
to prevent public tracking of a jet it leases.

"We availed ourselves of the same option as others have," to have the
plane removed from the FAA's tracking service, a GM spokesman, Greg
Martin, said Thursday.

He declined to comment on why GM made the request or when the company
expects the FAA to decide whether to grant it.

GM CEO Rick Wagoner had traveled to Washington, D.C., to testify about
the carmaker's dire financial situation and plead, along with the
chief executives of Ford Motor Co and Chrysler LLC, for $25 billion in
aid from the federal government.

Lawmakers took the companies' executives to task for their luxurious
travel arrangements.

"Couldn't you have downgraded to first class or something, or jet-
pooled?" Rep. Gary Ackerman, a New York Democrat, asked at the hearing
held by the U.S. House Financial Services Committee.

Spokespersons from Chrysler or Ford were not immediately available for
comment on whether their companies had made similar requests with the
FAA.
Old November 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
Ruud

wrote in message
GM asks government to block public tracking of jet
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:14pm EST

Snip:

GM CEO Rick Wagoner had traveled to Washington, D.C., to testify about
the carmaker's dire financial situation and plead, along with the
chief executives of Ford Motor Co and Chrysler LLC, for $25 billion in
aid from the federal government.

Lawmakers took the companies' executives to task for their luxurious
travel arrangements.

You mean he actually did not drive to Washington in one of the products he's
trying to save? Did anyone drive over anyway? The car industry is to pay
off 2,5 billion per year or 208 million per month, interest to be included.

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
Hatunen

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:06:07 +0100, "Ruud" andri591@planet,nl
wrote:

wrote in message
GM asks government to block public tracking of jet
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:14pm EST

Snip:

GM CEO Rick Wagoner had traveled to Washington, D.C., to testify about
the carmaker's dire financial situation and plead, along with the
chief executives of Ford Motor Co and Chrysler LLC, for $25 billion in
aid from the federal government.

Lawmakers took the companies' executives to task for their luxurious
travel arrangements.

You mean he actually did not drive to Washington in one of the products he's
trying to save? Did anyone drive over anyway? The car industry is to pay
off 2,5 billion per year or 208 million per month, interest to be included.

The other night Jay Leno quipped that next time the three auto
execs were going to carpool to Washington, and just to make sure
they didn't have road trouble they were going to use a Toyota.

Old December 1st, 2008, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
Governor Swill

Hatunen wrote:
"Ruud" wrote:
wrote
[...]

http://www.gocomics.com/brucebeattie/2008/11/26/

Swill
--
" Because I wasn't working your plebian 9 to 5 work schedule? Leave it to a
liberal to take pride in something so vacuous." --
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
[email protected]

On Nov 28, 2:59 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - General Motors Corp, whose chief executive was
blasted last week by U.S. lawmakers for flying on a private jet to ask
for public funds, has asked the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
to prevent public tracking of a jet it leases.

That's a perfectly legitimate request, made by many aircraft owners.

However, I don't think the press and public found out about the aircraft by
tracking it so much as by seeing it land and seeing a CEO step out--with hat
in hand.

What is really bad is that each of the CEOs came in their own jet.
Would not have been so bad if had came together in one jet.

M.M.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 04:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
Governor Swill

Governor Swill wrote:

The other night Jay Leno quipped that next time the three auto
execs were going to carpool to Washington, and just to make sure
they didn't have road trouble they were going to use a Toyota.

http://www.gocomics.com/brucebeattie/2008/11/26/

Swill

And they're driving to Washington in hybrids. Probably fleets of the
biggest ones they make.

Swill
Old December 3rd, 2008, 07:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
V for Vendicar

"Governor Swill" wrote
Ah, but that might have signalled more unity than they were willing to
cope with.

November 25, 2008

Bloodshed and Death is coming to American Businessmen

In my 46 years on this Earth, I have never had to write such a frightening
Op-Ed piece as this. Sadly, the state of affairs inside the US and its
business community is such that remaining silent is no longer an option.

Put bluntly, bloodshed and death is coming. Brutal, violent, merciless.
Perpetrated with malice aforethought. If I am right, many of you business
folks - especially the folks at the top - are going to be the ones doing the
bleeding and the dying.

How we got to this point is simple. How we stop it from happening is not so
simple; but there is still a small window of opportunity which may help
avert
this.

It began with NAFTA and GATT. The whole "free trade" movement was
sales-pitched to us common folk as a way to break down trade barriers so
American products could be sold overseas with greater ease and
competitiveness. The pitch told us that it would help American companies and
increase American jobs. That sales pitch was a deliberate lie.

What was really afoot was a way for American corporations to significantly
reduce their manufacturing costs by opening state-of-the-art facilities in
third world countries, hiring third-world workers at pittance pay with no
benefits, while maintaining sales prices. This allowed you folks to pocket
huge additional profits.

Next, you corporate folks decided to jump on the "Diversity" bandwagon,
Diversity replaced merit. Corporate productivity slid but no one could dare
step up to say why for fear of being fired as a racist.

Diversity became and end unto itself and ultimately it was the straight,
white
male who suffered most. Straight white males were intentionally passed-over
for jobs and promotions. When "downsizing" took place, it was the straight,
white male cut loose so "diversity" could be maintained.

The last straw - and by far the worst betrayal - was the intentional use of
illegal aliens and the intentional importation of foreign, cheap labor under
the H1-B Visa system. Companies even went so far as to send their Human
Resources people to seminars offered by law firms so they could learn
precisely how to disqualify Americans for available jobs, in favor of
importing foreigners!

Well, ladies and gentlemen of the business community, the chickens have now
come home to roost.

Vast numbers of unemployed Americans, unable to pay their mortgages after
losing jobs, began defaulting, causing foreclosures to rise.

Vast numbers of illegal aliens who were also given mortgages (by banks who
feared being labeled racists if they declined to lend), defaulted on their
mortgages too. This caused even more foreclosures.

As foreclosures grew, they affected the value of nearby homes whose owners
suddenly found out they owed more than their homes were worth! When their
mortgage companies demanded large, lump sum payments to pay down the excess
mortgage, those folks could not pay and. . . . were foreclosed upon.

Long story short, these foreclosures caused the banking system to contract,
which caused the credit markets to dry up, which caused everything else to
go
in the crapper. That's where we are today.

Where we're heading is unlike anything you can imagine.

Unlike the great depression of the 1930's, people today are quite well
educated. We know exactly how this trouble happened and exactly who is to
blame: YOU. The corporate hot shots who put profit over country; who put
greed
above loyalty and who cared not one wit about who was displaced, who was
harmed, or who got shafted.

Unlike the great depression, people today have lost a lot more than just
their
jobs and homes. They've lost their retirement nest eggs, their children's
college funds and worst of all, any chance at a better future. Therein lies
recipe for violence;. and folks, violence is coming - right at you.

You see, folks of today understand that allowing the great depression of the
1930's to take place without retribution against those who caused it, set
the
stage for this latest financial screw job.

As any parent can tell you, when being nice over bad behavior fails to stop
such behavior, one must resort to punishing bad behavior to prevent future
bad
acts.

Punishment for what you have done is your due and folks out here in the real
world are preparing to deliver it - right to your physical person on the
doorstep of your offices and homes.

Thanks to the internet, we know who the CEO's and CFO's of all your
companies
are. We know who is on every Board of Directors. Thanks to information
services like Intellius.com, we also know where all of you live. ALL of you.

Americans who have lost everything, have no reservation whatsoever about
coming after you to inflict violence for wrecking their lives and our
nation.
In fact, I personally know of a "movement" of several groups actively
recruiting the destitute from make-shift homeless centers, with the
intention
of organizing criminal violence against you. Groups like the Ku Klux Klan,
Aryan Nations, Nazis and White racist skinheads are seeing staggering growth
in membership. I know. I've seen it with my own eyes. And you know what? I
agree with "the movement" because I think what you've done stinks.

I will proudly stand with those groups when the time comes.

These groups are folks, right here in America, who have nothing left. They
have lost everything, including all hope. They do not fear the police, jail
or
death. They certainly don't fear you.

More interesting, many of the people now facing utter destitution are US
military veterans and they are helping the aforementioned groups prepare for
what's coming. Through their contacts in the military, veterans in the
groups
mentioned above have gained access to automatic weapons, armor piercing
ammunition, grenades, C4 plastic explosives, anti-personnel mines,
rocket-propelled grenades and more!

I personally know one former US Army Combat Engineer in the National
Alliance.
I can't even begin to describe how helpful he has been to "the movement."

If you want an example of how frighteningly effective this movement has
become, I can tell you for an absolute fact that the US Secret Service had
emergency-deploy eight (8) sniper teams around Grant Park in Chicago, IL on
election night because a member of "the movement" was reportedly headed down
there with military Mortars to attack and kill Barack Obama and his
supporters! That's how bold, how brazen, how incredibly dangerous things are
getting!

What good will the police or your corporate security forces be against these
types of dedicated and committed, angry people? What good are the "safe
rooms"
you've built in your homes or office buildings when C4 and RPG's can blow
right through them?

Last year, a listener to my talk radio show who is a gunsmith, thought I
might
like having an illegal silencer for my gun. He built one and shipped it to
me!
I have pictures to prove it!

Was it illegal? Yes. Did he care? No. Did I care? I won't say.

You have no idea how bad things are getting out here in real America. Trust
me, if you don't do something now to step up and help the average people of
this country, by the time you find out exactly how bad things are, it will
be
too late for you.

So I think you corporate folks would do well to seriously reconsider your
actions over the past
15 - 20 years and decide whether you're going to help America or continue
lining your own pockets? Are you going to bring the jobs back to America or
continue using third world labor as your country collapses? Are you going to
stop this bad behavior or are you going to have to be punished?

If you need help deciding, just ask yourself this: What good is all your
wealth if an uprising of angry white males leaves you too dead to spend it?
Oh, and if you think an uprising can't happen here, think again.

The bullet-resistant vests worn by police and your corporate security do not
protect them from the paralyzing effects of a Tazer. Once the cops and
security people are neutralized, your guns and those of the angry white
males
can do their thing. Since there are more of us than you, we win.

There's a fight coming. The cops can't stop it. The lawyers can't stop it.
The
courts can't stop it. The military is spread too thin around the world to be
of any consequence and the government is too broke to fund any more homeland
security.

But this fight doesn't have to happen. It can be avoided with a little
national loyalty and a little compassion.

Get your Board of Directors together and ask what your company can do to
help
America for the next 24 months? Talk to your stockholders and ask their
permission to cut dividends by half for the sole purpose of hiring more
AMERICANS to jobs here in America.

Go on TV and tell the public what you're doing to make things better HERE,
at
home! You can recover from the horrid reputation you've gotten, and help
resolve the horrid situation you have created if you'll only take some time
do the right things for the COUNTRY. A little corporate sacrifice will go a
long way to help a lot of us little people. The gratitude and admiration it
will generate will be priceless.

Of course, you are free to continue being impressed with yourselves as
masters
of the universe and keep right on doing what you've been doing. If that is
your intention, then know now:
The jig is up. Either get right with white males and America, or get your
affairs in order.

Hal Turner

Old December 4th, 2008, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.politics.democrats,sci.environment,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.veterans
Hatunen

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:49:54 -0500, "V for Vendicar"
m wrote:

"Governor Swill" wrote
Ah, but that might have signalled more unity than they were willing to
cope with.

November 25, 2008

Bloodshed and Death is coming to American Businessmen

In my 46 years on this Earth, I have never had to write such a frightening
Op-Ed piece as this.

Thta is frightening. Apparently the writer doesn't know his
grammar well enough to say "Bloodshed and Death *are* coming to
American Businessmen". Just what paper did you see this Op-Ed
piece in?

[Additional 200 or so lines deleted.]