MyTravel Airways flights LGW to Toronto

Old November 4th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Paul Clifford

Default MyTravel Airways flights LGW to Toronto

I've been looking at flight prices for next summer between Lon and
Toronto. In the past I've always flown on AC or BA both of whom are
expensive. Much cheaper are charter flights with MyTravel Airways. I
was wondering if anyone has used them and whether they are any good or
not. I've been told there is also a new Ottawa based airline starting
up called Zoom - anyone flown with them before?
Old November 4th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Philip George

MyTravel offer 28" leg room and awful food. Other than that, fine.
Transatlantic is a long flight for being crammed in 28".

You get what you pay for.

phil

Old November 5th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Howard Lem

Paul Clifford wrote:

I've been looking at flight prices for next summer between Lon and
Toronto. In the past I've always flown on AC or BA both of whom are
expensive. Much cheaper are charter flights with MyTravel Airways. I
was wondering if anyone has used them and whether they are any good or
not. I've been told there is also a new Ottawa based airline starting
up called Zoom - anyone flown with them before?

The short answer is that it is too far off in the future to book tickets.
There will be better deals in the new year.

If you want to fly on a charter to Toronto from London. You should try Air
Transat or SkyService. Both fly out of LGW. I think the fly out of some
other UK airports on the days they do not fly out of LGW. Both charters have
been known to use Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester & Glasgow.

Air Transat does fly LGW-YYZ twice a week over the winter. A check shows
pricing from LGW-YYZ is close to 300 pounds (give or take). I am pretty sure
that most charter airlines (at least the canadian ones) are more occupied with
the winter sun destinations and will not have the foggiest idea of what they
will offer next Spring/Summer. You should check back in Mar/Apr time frame
when they publish the summer brochures.

You should keep an eye on the Air Canada web site for sales as the price for
the non-refundable economy fare can be close to the charter's price. The
extra price might be a better deal depending on service, luggage restrictions,
seat pitch and aircraft used.

howard.