US Airways is predatory. My advice: Do not fly on US Airways.

Old September 10th, 2003, 09:49 AM
mrtravel

Default US Airways is predatory. My advice: Do not fly on US Airways.

Ray Lozano wrote:

(Jim Ley) wrote in message ...

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:18:53 GMT,
(Miguel Cruz) wrote:

I don't get it.

And now you want USAir to pay you thousands of dollars?

You're missing the simple fact that many people aren't prepared to
accept they made a mistake (or lots in this case) and swallow their
pride. They have to blame someone else.

Jim.

You must not have any customers of your own. If you do, you probably
don't have very many.

Ray Lozano
www.usairways.tv

Come on. You made multiple mistakes here, and even with the birth
certificate problem, it shouldn't have cost anywhere cloae to $1200
additional per person.
But, I guess you are right, and everyone else that posted a followup to
your post is wrong. You bought discounted non refundable tickets and
expected leniency from the airline due to your error. It was not like US
could sell the seats at the last minute to someone else.

Old September 11th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Ray Lozano

mrtravel wrote in message ...
Ray Lozano wrote:

(Jim Ley) wrote in message ...

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:18:53 GMT,
(Miguel Cruz) wrote:

[...]

When they denied us boarding, US Airways opened four seats on a
round-trip consisting of two flights each way, more than two hours
before the outgoing departure. *Any* seats vacated by us that were
filled by US Airways on any leg amounted to free money for the
airline. I'm sure the airline profited handsomely from our pre-paid,
vacant seats.

Ray Lozano
http://www.usairways.tv
Old September 11th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Miguel Cruz

Ray Lozano wrote:
When they denied us boarding, US Airways opened four seats on a
round-trip consisting of two flights each way, more than two hours
before the outgoing departure. *Any* seats vacated by us that were
filled by US Airways on any leg amounted to free money for the
airline. I'm sure the airline profited handsomely from our pre-paid,
vacant seats.

I think the chance that they filled the outbound seats is pretty close to
zero. Nobody stands by for a dawn flight from Texas to Jamaica.

miguel
Old September 11th, 2003, 07:40 AM
mrtravel

Ray Lozano wrote:

When they denied us boarding, US Airways opened four seats on a
round-trip consisting of two flights each way, more than two hours
before the outgoing departure. *Any* seats vacated by us that were
filled by US Airways on any leg amounted to free money for the
airline. I'm sure the airline profited handsomely from our pre-paid,
vacant seats.

Now, how many people decide to fly to Jamaica 2 hours before departure?
Especially on a morning flight? Even if they sold them, the point is you
bought restricted tickets. If you want the ability to overcome mistakes
and other problems and want changeable tickets, then buy changeable tickets.

Old September 11th, 2003, 07:48 AM
mrtravel

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Ray Lozano wrote:

When they denied us boarding, US Airways opened four seats on a
round-trip consisting of two flights each way, more than two hours
before the outgoing departure. *Any* seats vacated by us that were
filled by US Airways on any leg amounted to free money for the
airline. I'm sure the airline profited handsomely from our pre-paid,
vacant seats.

I think the chance that they filled the outbound seats is pretty close to
zero. Nobody stands by for a dawn flight from Texas to Jamaica.

Yes they do.. That would be the people who forgot the travel documents
for the flight the night before.