Call Airline 24 hours before flight

Old September 10th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Bradley Moser

Default Call Airline 24 hours before flight

I am flying for the first time next week.
I bought my tickets on line, but not from an airline
My tickets say call Airline 24 hours before fight.
My Tickets say Check in required
I think I saw a posting saying you do not have to call.
I am flying Delta Airlines
Thank again for the help
Brad

Old September 10th, 2003, 02:23 AM
mrtravel

Bradley Moser wrote:

I am flying for the first time next week.
I bought my tickets on line, but not from an airline
My tickets say call Airline 24 hours before fight.
My Tickets say Check in required
I think I saw a posting saying you do not have to call.
I am flying Delta Airlines
Thank again for the help
Brad

I think it is a recommendation to call 24 hours or so before the flight
to see if there have been schedule changes. It would not be a
requiremente on a US domestic flight to call.

Old September 10th, 2003, 02:24 AM
Me

In article ,
"Bradley Moser" wrote:

I am flying for the first time next week.
I bought my tickets on line, but not from an airline
My tickets say call Airline 24 hours before fight.
My Tickets say Check in required
I think I saw a posting saying you do not have to call.
I am flying Delta Airlines
Thank again for the help

Is this for a domestic flight, or international? It certainly can't hurt
to call to confirm your flight. I always do that for international
flights. For some reason, I usually forget for domestic United States
flights and it has never been a problem.
Old September 10th, 2003, 02:33 AM
Bradley Moser

I am flying out of the US so it would be both domestic international both
on same airline Delta than i change to Turkish Airlines in Turkey

Old September 10th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Big G

"Bradley Moser" wrote in news:00u7b.17387$98.15818
@nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

I am flying for the first time next week.
I bought my tickets on line, but not from an airline
My tickets say call Airline 24 hours before fight.
My Tickets say Check in required
I think I saw a posting saying you do not have to call.
I am flying Delta Airlines
Thank again for the help
Brad

Make the call anyway, what's the big deal, why waste time asking others?
Jeez man!

--
Smiling
‹(•¿•)›
Old September 10th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Mike Cordelli

Don't ever for a minute assume that the airline will contact you with
changes, it doesn't happen that way all the time. You should always check
your flights before you go, either online, telephone, whatever. While you
don't have to call if you don't want to, it's much better to call and be
told your flight times were changed, then it is to show up at the airport
too late to make what they changed them to because you didn't call.

It's a 30 second call, "Hello, I'm checking my flights for tomorrow to see
if there have been any changes, it's number 123 last name Smith"

"Hilary" wrote in message
I am flying for the first time next week.
I bought my tickets on line, but not from an airline
My tickets say call Airline 24 hours before fight.
My Tickets say Check in required
I think I saw a posting saying you do not have to call.
I am flying Delta Airlines

The suggestion to call is 1) to reconfirm your flight if necessary and 2)
to make sure there haven't been any schedule changes. You don't need to
call before the outbound flight - they have your contact details and will
let you know if anything changes. Do call each airline before the return.
Usually nothing has changed, but occasionally a schedule change can be
major.

And yes, check in is required for all airlines.

Hilary