Heathrow question

Old July 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jeff Finger

Default Heathrow question

My wife and I will be flying through Heathrow on the way to Egypt in
November and I'm trying to find out if there are pay showers in
Terminal 5. I would also like to know the location of the Thomas
Cooke R&R Lounge as I was told there are showers there that can be
purchased by the regular public.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Jeff
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Jul 27, 10:29*am, Jeff Finger wrote:
My wife and I will be flying through Heathrow on the way to Egypt in
November and I'm trying to find out if there are pay showers in
Terminal 5. *I would also like to know the location of the Thomas
Cooke R&R Lounge as I was told there are showers there that can be
purchased by the regular public.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Jeff

http://www.heathrowairport.com/

Go to the shop eat & relax tab.
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jeff Finger

I've laready been to the heathrow website, but they have a lot of
conflicting information regarding shower facilities. I was hopiong to
have someone familiar with Heathrow give me some specifics that they
are sure of.

jeff

Old July 28th, 2009, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"Jeff Finger" wrote in message

I've laready been to the heathrow website, but they have a lot of
conflicting information regarding shower facilities.

From http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co...s-showers.html (not an
official site)

"There are no showers in Terminal 5 available to the public. Some British
Airways lounges, however, have shower facilities available. Visit their
website for further details."

HTH

Ian

Old July 29th, 2009, 01:08 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

Or go to one of the other terminals that have them and use them. It
is easy to connect between terminals at Heathrow

From http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co...s-showers.html (not an

Old July 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jeff Finger

On Jul 28, 7:08*pm, (John Kulp) wrote:
Or go to one of the other terminals that have them and use them. *It
is easy to connect between terminals at Heathrow

John,

I am hearing there are public access showers in Terminal 4. Do you
know what they cost (if anything) and exactly where they are? Are
they private individual showers, or larger multi-person showers?

Jeff
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jim Ley

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 06:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Finger
wrote:

On Jul 28, 7:08=A0pm, (John Kulp) wrote:
Or go to one of the other terminals that have them and use them. =A0It
is easy to connect between terminals at Heathrow

John,

I am hearing there are public access showers in Terminal 4. Do you
know what they cost (if anything) and exactly where they are? Are
they private individual showers, or larger multi-person showers?

Last I knew, which is awhile ago now, they were free, but you could
hire a towel/buy soap etc. They were private.

Jim.

Old July 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jeff Finger

wrote:
On Jul 28, 7:08=A0pm, (John Kulp) wrote:
Or go to one of the other terminals that have them and use them. =A0It
is easy to connect between terminals at Heathrow

John,

I am hearing there are public access showers in Terminal 4. *Do you
know what they cost (if anything) and exactly where they are? *Are
they private individual showers, or larger multi-person showers?

Last I knew, which is awhile ago now, they were free, but you could
hire a towel/buy soap etc. *They were private.

Jim.

Jim and all...

Thank you!

Jeff
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

wrote:

On Jul 28, 7:08=A0pm, (John Kulp) wrote:
Or go to one of the other terminals that have them and use them. =A0It
is easy to connect between terminals at Heathrow

John,

I am hearing there are public access showers in Terminal 4. Do you
know what they cost (if anything) and exactly where they are? Are
they private individual showers, or larger multi-person showers?

Sorry I don't know the particulars, but I would be very certain that
they are private. Everything costs in Europe, but how much I don't
know as I have never used them myself.
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

John Kulp wrote:

[]
Everything costs in Europe,

In the UK, most major museums are free.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)