London links

Old March 21st, 2004, 08:00 AM
maryanne kehoe

Default London links

What about helicopter transfers between the two airports? Any exist?
That might be what the gentleman is looking for!

Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:40 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message

"AJC" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:55:38 -0000, "Mark Hewitt"
wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

Nope.

He didn't ask for a direct or non-stop air link.

In that case..

Yes.

You mean he could hop all the way ?

Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:44 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message
Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

Transfers are usually done by bus (allow 3 hours) or train (allow 2
hours), see:

Do it via Geneva, and you can pick up some duty free's, which might make

it
the cheapest way.

Apparently so: it costs more to go from
Gatwick to Stansted by bus than it does
to fly from Stansted to Rotterdam.

I must look up the cheapest way to fly from Gatquick to Heathslow, I'm sure
it won't beat the 17GBP coach fare, but it would be more fun.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:12 AM
Miss L. Toe

"maryanne kehoe" wrote in message
What about helicopter transfers between the two airports? Any exist?
That might be what the gentleman is looking for!

There used to be one between Heathslow and Gatquick, but it stopped decades
ago.
I have seen the occasional balloon fly in that general direction :-)

Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
Stephen Harman

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

and the road route is pretty direct and free flowing even at rush hour.

Due to congestion charge?

London Bridge and Bishopsgate have always been a pretty speedy road.

A taxi along this stretch would probably set you back under a fiver. Two
tube tickets are now nearly three quid, if you've got luggage then you
really want to avoid complicated changes and the underground.

SMH

Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Stephen Harman

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , Not
the Karl Orff writes
steps down into the booking hall at Victoria).

i doubt one can avoid some stairs at almost all underground stations

Yes, very difficult. Can normally be done (depending on how far one
wishes to detour), although the northbound route from Gatwick is
particularly difficult. Best to take a cab from London Bridge to
Liverpool St, although there are big gaps in the Gatwick-London Bridge
service in the morning rush hour, which is when many flights arrive :-(
--
Roland Perry

How about Thameslink to Luton and Airbus from there?

Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Jan

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

If you went via Mornington Crescent you could have a nice view out
of the window - except on Tuesday afternoons.

ooooh. I think that makes you the winner!!!!

(If someone would ever explain the complete rules to Mornington
Cresent to me, I would be ever so grateful.)

These may help...

http://www.mornington-crescent-rule....scent-rules.ht
m.

http://www.amazonsystems.co.uk/data/morn.htm.

http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/cgi...mcg/mcgames.pl.

http://www.ciphergoth.org/writing/mornington.html

Jan

---

Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Roland Perry

In message ZA18c.335$kO3.94@newsfe1-win, Stephen Harman
writes
How about Thameslink to Luton and Airbus from there?

Does the airbus run from the railway station, and what kind of
frequency? Sounds a very risky option to me.
--
Roland Perry
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:54 PM
Stephen Harman

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
news
In message ZA18c.335$kO3.94@newsfe1-win, Stephen Harman
writes
How about Thameslink to Luton and Airbus from there?

Does the airbus run from the railway station, and what kind of
frequency? Sounds a very risky option to me.
--
Roland Perry

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/...ansfer.htm#bus

Just seemed as silly as some of the other options.

If you've lots of luggage, then the bus is the best route.

If you need speed then Gatwick Express, Victoria Line, Stansted Express from
Tottenham Hale is the fastest route (barring helecopter / private transfer).