African Doctors

Old February 27th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Frank Slootweg

Default African Doctors

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:
[deleted]
No, I genuinely believe that people who willingly go to flag raising
ceremonies are morons, participating in a pointless tribal ritual.

You're as likely to find me at one as you would find me at, say, a
church service.

dashdashspace
Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) - Melbourne, Australia ( ) | 0x6B91B584

Can I kindly ask you to find another location where you can put your
(uppercase) X? Thank you.
Old February 27th, 2004, 11:20 PM
VH-CBR

"Paul Dwerryhouse" wrote in message
"Graham" writes:

Patriotism is a sign of abject stupity. Every country has individuals who
believe that their own country is the "best place in the world" and they
can't all be right.

sure they can .. put a little thought into it.

I'll leave it to the morons who go to flag raising ceremonies on Australia

day.

Seems to me that it's the morons who don't go that have the problem.

Old February 27th, 2004, 11:21 PM
VH-CBR

"Raffi Balmanoukian" a
wrote in message
news:BC60BC41.21102%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...

In 2001, Australia took over top ranking. It was huge news in Canada (it
slipped to #3 behind, I believe, Norway). It was barely mentioned, and
hardly news, in Australia that their island continent was now, according

UN standards, "the best place in the world."

I think it was because it was telling them what they already knew.

I think you'll find that Australia was not first in 2001 and I dont' think
it's been higher than 3rd.

Old February 27th, 2004, 11:23 PM
VH-CBR

"Graham W" wrote in message

These are educated people that Australia gets for free.

and yet, wasn't the figure quoted as 500,000 on our dole? From a country
of 5, 000,000 that's interesting figures.

You people seem to have some bizarre obsession with keeping
"freeloaders" out, even if they happen to be very good for Australia.

Freeloaders are never good for a country

Old February 27th, 2004, 11:24 PM
VH-CBR

"Paul Dwerryhouse" wrote in message
"Graham" writes:

They don't. You're just a paranoid bigot.

it's not hate, it's jealousy

Old February 27th, 2004, 11:26 PM
VH-CBR

"Graham W" wrote in message

I am a citizen of two other countries, one of which I lived in until I
was five, the other of which I have visited for a total of perhaps 4
weeks of my life. My home is Australia, and I don't need a certificate
from the government to prove it.

Clearly your home isn't Australia then.

Let's face it, it wouldn't prove anything anyway, any more than a
marriage licence proves spouses won't stray, since all I have to do is
pay my money and say the right things.

Lack of morality, lack of loyalty, lack of patriotism ... people like that
are quite pathetic.

Old February 27th, 2004, 11:32 PM
VH-CBR

"Graham W" wrote in message
Alan wrote:

Free loader?
How am I freeloading?

I felt his points were well made, try re-reading his post and you'll have
answered your own question. why make him retype the same thing over again
when it was so clearly stated.

No. I'd be the first to pay up my money and swear allegiance to a Queen
who lives in my country of origin. One I have never had to swear
allegiance to before, and to whom I feel no particular allegiance.

So what? Life is about community .. you appear to think it's about you.

********. The countries of which I am a citizen are enlightened western
democracies, members of the commonwealth and remarkably similar to
Australia in many ways.

and yet you choose to live here and insult the citizens of this country by
suggesting it's not good enough for you to want to be a permanent part of.

I am not in the habit of committing crimes. I believe either of the
nations of which I am a citizen will provide assistance of a similar
standard to that which Australia would offer abroad.

I think he was specific in his statement that sometimes you can commit a
crime without intending to.

No, I'm the child who was brought here at the age of five, who sees no
point in nationalism and pledges of allegiance that mean nothing to me.

I think he was closer to the mark.

My presence in Australia is as much an accident of fate as yours.

Really? and yet you choose not to rectify that.

I simply cited myself as a case to prove someone's silly claim that the
world consists of people who are Australian and people who want to be
Australian.

I thought it was a world that consisted of Merkins and people who wanted to
be Merkins But clearly the fact that you are here and have no
intention of going elsewhere contradicts your statement. You are, as you
say, in your mind, an Australian .. therefore there are Australians (us) and
people who want to be Australian (you) as seen by your decision to remain in
this country when you could easily be elsewhere. Thus I suspect you proved
the point for the opposition.

)

Old February 28th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Alan

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:32:28 GMT, "VH-CBR" wrote:

I thought it was a world that consisted of Merkins and people who wanted to
be Merkins

There are people who actually want to be Merkins?
Interesting and kinky concept.

Check your dictionary :-)

Cheers Alan

Oh, and thx. I don't intend to respond on the other matter. Said my
bit, right or wrong.