Street musicians

Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Runge14[_2_]

Default Street musicians

No one says merci to evleth !!!!

"Earl Evleth" a écrit dans le message de
On 2/03/09 23:39, in article , "Bill Bonde
{ No
matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"
wrote:

Are you sure you didn't hit him on the head?

Yes, he had to look around for the money and found it about
10 feet from where he was standing.

And I yelled to him "merci".

Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:40 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement

wrote:

Are you sure you didn't hit him on the head?

Yes, he had to look around for the money and found it about
10 feet from where he was standing.

And I yelled to him "merci".

That's what everyone says when people are throwing things at them:
"Mother of Merci, is this the end of Rico?"

References used in this post:

Little Caesar (1931):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021079/quotes

--
He and Evie soon fell into a conversation of the "No, I didn't;
yes, you did" type--conversation which, though fascinating to those
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:44 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"

Newsgroups: alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 23:40:11 +0000
Subject: Street musicians

wrote:

Are you sure you didn't hit him on the head?

Yes, he had to look around for the money and found it about
10 feet from where he was standing.

And I yelled to him "merci".

That's what everyone says when people are throwing things at them:
"Mother of Merci, is this the end of Rico?"

Isn't there a movie newsgroup you can post on, and spare the rest of us?

Donna Evleth

Old March 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 4/03/09 14:44, in article , "Donna
Evleth" wrote:

That's what everyone says when people are throwing things at them:
"Mother of Merci, is this the end of Rico?"

Isn't there a movie newsgroup you can post on, and spare the rest of us?

The reference escaped me.

Old March 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Runge14[_2_]

Default Another OT invasion by the evleths !!!!

You may denounce them to their provider, they like that !

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global
warming )"

those who come after us.
Newsgroups: alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement

Old March 5th, 2009, 07:43 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Runge14[_2_]

Default 2 weirdos

A lot of things escaped you and please communicate with your wife elsewhere
than here.

Old March 7th, 2009, 07:31 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Planet Visitor II[_2_]

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:21:44 +0100, Earl Evleth
wrote:

It happens less frequently now.

When we first move into our apartment in Paris at the end of the
70s we now and then have a man with his cart who'd come around
and offer to sharpen you scissors and knives. For a fee. His cart had
a grind stone. He eventually left and passed into the history
books. I have not seen his kind again.

It reminded me of when I was a kid in LA in the late 1930s when
we had a man with an old truck who'd come through the neigbborhood
to sell vegetables. He too eventually pass into history. Before
that, in Chicago as a kid, there was a man who came up to our
apartment with a block of ice to put in our ice box. I still
call a refrigerator an ice box. He too passed onto the pages
of history.

I, too, remember all of that. And I remember the rag men, with a
horse drawn cart, yelling out "RAGS!!" For a few pennies they would
exchange your old rags for the rags they had washed. My mother
actually used them from time to time. And I remember the beggars
who came door to door, in inner city Chicago, asking for just a
few pennies, or even a bowl of soap, or a slice of bread. And they
were honorable men, and not thieves.

clipped

Planet Visitor II
http://alt-activism-death-penalty.info/dictionary.html

Old March 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
singlemalt

And I remember when the man would drive his cart around crying out "Their so
fresh and fine, just off of the vine, strawb-e-e-r-i-es! Then pretty soon
another guy would drive around singing out "Fresh Cra-abs,fresh cra-abs"