Is it hard to travel to US ?

Old February 25th, 2008, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
iulianh

Default Is it hard to travel to US ?

Well i have heard that is hard to get into the US just to visit
because of the security etc. I have read some travel tips on
http://www.onlinetraveltips.info but i still questioning if it`s hard
or not.

Please help me !
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Urs Mueller

Am 25.02.2008, 23:13 Uhr, schrieb iulianh :

Well i have heard that is hard to get into the US just to visit
because of the security etc. I have read some travel tips on
http://www.onlinetraveltips.info but i still questioning if it`s hard
or not.

You are kidding... aren't you?

Ok, you will not get any problems if you:
- will be patient
- don't make dirty jokes to the customer officers
- will tell what you will do in the US and how long you will stay
- are having the correct paperwork with you
- are taking only allowed goods with you
- are not called Osama
- are speaking at least as much english, to understand some fundamental
questions and to answer to them
- have a credit card or cash for the stay there

There are some stories, that are going around and everybody is adding a
bit nonsense to them.
Don't trust half of them.

--
Urs from Berne, Switzerland in the heart of Europe
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Graham Harrison[_2_]

"Urs Mueller" wrote in message
news
[...]

I agree with Urs. His "rules" are true when you enter many countries. I
went to the USA last September. I flew London/Baltimore and got from the
plane to the street in about 30 minutes. However, how long it takes does
depend which airport you use. The queues at places like Chicago, New York
and Los Angeles can be much longer.

Many of the stories that you hear about problems come from journalists.
Journalists require a visa to enter the USA if they are following a story.
For many years before 9/11 the US authorities did not enforce this
regulation - now they do and several journalists have been caught out - they
do not have the correct paperwork so they pay the price and then they write
a story about how bad the proces for entering th USA is. I'm not saying
that there are never problems for innocent people entering the USA but they
are not as frequent as you might believe from all the stories in the media.
And innocent people are delayed entering other countries - not just the USA.

Old February 25th, 2008, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Feb 25, 2:29*pm, "Urs Mueller" wrote:
[...]

He is spamming his site.
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Feb 25, 3:08*pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
[...]

And innocent people are delayed entering other countries - not just the USA.- Hide quoted text -

Don't bother, OP was spamming.
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad

On 2008-02-25 17:29:53 -0500, "Urs Mueller" said:

[...]

Oh, and also: once he's through immigration, he shouldn't count on
being able to get anywhere unless he can drive and has the money to
rent a car for lord knows how long.

Unless of course, you visit a city and can figure out how to use
public transportation.
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Don't bother answering, the poster spams his site to various
newsgroups and I doubt if he even read the replies.

Old February 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article
,
iulianh wrote:

Well i have heard that is hard to get into the US just to visit
because of the security etc. I have read some travel tips on
http://www.onlinetraveltips.info but i still questioning if it`s hard
or not.

Please help me !

Just ask a few of the tens of thousands of people who visit the USA from
abroad every year.
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike O'Sullivan

Urs Mueller wrote:

Ok, you will not get any problems if you:
- will be patient
- don't make dirty jokes to the customer officers
- will tell what you will do in the US and how long you will stay
- are having the correct paperwork with you
- are taking only allowed goods with you
- are not called Osama

A light-hearted response obviously, but you do realise that Osama (or
Usama) is one of the most common Moslem names?