Galaxy, 4/26/04 sailing. Trip report

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Surfer E2468

Default Galaxy, 4/26/04 sailing. Trip report

Does the GALAXY have a promenade deck with lounges where you can sit and
enjoy the ocean view?
Surfer e2468

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Diva

No. There is a deck where the jogging track is above the pool area but it's
mostly in the sun. Then there is an area around the funnel, but there is a
lot of soot coming out of the funnel there, and it's very windy. There is no
promenade as on the HAL ships where you can relax in the shade and watch the
ocean go by -- one of my favorite pasttimes on ships.

June

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Not all the way around, but plenty big enough for lots of relaxing. On
the Galaxy there are also tiered small deck spaces aft on many of the
floors above the promenade level. Nice little hideway spaces with
lounge chairs.

Jeff

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Howie

Diva wrote:

No. There is a deck where the jogging track is above the pool area but it's
mostly in the sun. Then there is an area around the funnel, but there is a
lot of soot coming out of the funnel there, and it's very windy. There is no
promenade as on the HAL ships where you can relax in the shade and watch the
ocean go by -- one of my favorite pasttimes on ships.

June

Yes, there is an outside covered deck, but I don't believe that you can
walk all around it, as it is blocked by the show lounge on the bow. You
can certainly relax in the shade out there and watch the ocean go by.

Howie - Been on the Galaxy three times.

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Howie

Jeff Coudriet wrote:

Not all the way around, but plenty big enough for lots of relaxing. On
the Galaxy there are also tiered small deck spaces aft on many of the
floors above the promenade level. Nice little hideway spaces with
lounge chairs.

Yes, those spaces on the stern, are particularly nice for a late night
rendezvous with the wake and stars.

Howie

Jeff

Old May 21st, 2004, 05:36 AM
Bob G.

Yes, those spaces on the stern, are particularly nice for a late night
rendezvous with the wake and stars.

Howie

Sailed on the Galaxy in early April and USED the Stern deck area on
deck 9 every single morning and evening... just my wife and I
....never had a problem finding a seat (and there was only one table
on each side of the ship...

And I was worried about getting a cabin so far aft.... lol...I think I
will request one back there the next cruise...

Bob Griffiths