O/Tea - Woman makes cup of tea after being shot in head

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
didgerman[_2_]

Default O/Tea - Woman makes cup of tea after being shot in head

Keegan wrote:
On Apr 20, 3:30 am, didgerman wrote:
Keegan wrote:
On Apr 19, 2:30 pm, Shawn The Sheep wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...usa/5177344/Wo...
Woman makes cup of tea after being shot in head
An American woman who was shot in the head by her husband not only
survived but made herself a cup of tea.
By Our Foreign Staff and Agencies in Birmingham, Alabama
Last Updated: 5:29PM BST 19 Apr 2009
Police and doctors hailed the survival of Tammy Sexton, 47, as
miraculous after a bullet from a .38-calibre handgun struck her
squarely in the forehead, passed through her skull and exited through
the back of her head. She is expected to make a full recovery, while
her husband shot himself dead after the attack on his wife.
But law enforcement officers in Jackson County, Mississippi, were also
astonished that Mrs Sexton offered them tea when they arrived at her
home after the shooting.
Sheriff Mike Byrd said: "When the officer got there she said, 'What's
going on?' She was holding a rag on her head and talking. She was
conscious, but she was confused about what had happened.
"She had made herself some tea and offered the officer something to
drink.
You see? All this nonsense about guns being dangerous is just so
much liberal scaremongering...
Keegan...

Must've been shot at by some Yank: they couldn't hit a barn door if they
were holding the handle.

Agreed. Of course where I live a Yank is anyone living above the
Mason-Dixon line....

I didn't come here for a lecture on local politics.
Bloody Americans.....

Keegan...

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Keegan

On Apr 21, 5:16*am, wrote:
On Apr 20, 7:23*pm, JollyRoger wrote:

On Apr 20, 10:36*am, Mike
wrote:

Keegan wrote:
On Apr 20, 11:55 am, didgerman wrote:
JollyRoger wrote:
On Apr 20, 12:30 am, didgerman wrote:
Keegan wrote:
[...]
were holding the handle.- Hide quoted text -
Or unless they're saving your sorry ass from the Nazi's, hey Didge?
Channel islands aside, what the **** are you talking about?
Must we do this topic every time someone mentions the US?

* lend lease...

* Keegan...

Yes 'cos those terms were so generous.

How about we send the US a bill for the support that the UK has given
the US oil grab?

Mike- Hide quoted text -

How bout the US send you a bill (plus interest) for liberating your
country from a siege ;-)

Very interesting thread here Jolly. Except, of course, that it is
wrong. The Western Front did little to lift the Nazi "siege". The
pressure from the East was the most significant factor. In fact one of
the reasons that the western front was such a damp squid was that
Eisenhower was so fearful of over committing troops - so much so that
when the Germans attacked through the Ardennes at the Battle of the
Bulge the American Army with the exception of the Airborne division
had to be rescued by Montgomery.

JH

Really? Doing a George Patton impersonation? The idea was for Patton
and Monty to pinch off the bulge and capture most of the Germans in
it. Patton did his bit but Monty delayed long enough ( 3 days) to let
most of them escape through his designated area.

Eisenhower wasn't fearful of committing troops, his strategy was a
broad front advance as opposed to dagger thrust attacks. He thought,
correctly as it turned out, that Germany would not be able to resist
constant pressure along a broad front. Monty, on the other hand, with
all the petulance of a small boy and seeing his chance of glory on the
western front slipping away, threw a tantrum at Eisenhower until Ike
gave him what he wanted. Operation Market Garden. Monty got his arse
kicked, the only major defeat for the allies on the western front.

Keegan...
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
didgerman[_2_]

Keegan wrote:
[...]

This is excellent hindsight, well done. Problem at the time though was
that England was getting rapidly flattened by rockets, and for all we
knew, the next one would be a nuke. We had to move, alone if necessary.
Interesting thing about history though, it's finished now. There will be
no further study of history from about 1995 onwards, life is now so well
documented, that every fact is stored somewhere. Can you imagine what
we'd know if Hannibal had Twitter and a film crew?

Keegan...

Old April 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Walter Mitty

didgerman writes:

Spizz wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

That was a good movie. The one about the U-Boat?

Spizz

They also saved the world on July 4th, Will Smith will be the first
black president of the US!

Gotta love them Yanks. I've been a big fan of their world saving
exploits ever since they helped William Wallace kick the English out of
Scotland in the late 14th Century.

Although, /reclines chair, not for long....

LOL

--
I want to keep fighting because it is the only thing that keeps me out
of the hamburger joints. If I don't fight, I'll eat this planet.
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Keegan

Keegan wrote:
[...]

What a lot of crap, even for you. Here's the inconvenient truth.

1) The first V2 rocket attacks came well after the conception of
Operation Market Garden.
2) Less than half the V2's fired were fired at England
3) The V2's killed an average two people per rocket
4) Less than 1600 were fired over a period of 7 months.
5) Find me one reference to anyone talking about nukes in Europe
before April of 1945

The V2's were a political concern for Ike after Nov 1944, but the
fact is that the V2's launching platforms were so mobile that dagger
thrusts such as Market Garden had no chance of stopping them, they
could just move out of the way and keep firing. The only strategy that
could work, if you were really worried about the v2's, was to push the
Germans back out of range using a broad front strategy like Ike's. As
it was, Monty's "big show" defeat at Arnhem slowed the advance and
denied the allies the opportunity to invade Germany in 1944. In other
words it kept London well within the range of the V2's. It also left
most of the Netherlands under German control, where they proceeded to
starve 30,000 to death over the winter.

Monty was a show pony, and he was wrong.

Any more revisionism you'd like to share?

Keegan...

Old April 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
JollyRoger

On Apr 21, 2:18*am, wrote:
On Apr 20, 9:29*pm, JollyRoger wrote:

On Apr 20, 1:23*pm, "Spizz" wrote:

"JollyRoger" wrote in message

On Apr 20, 11:43 am, "Spizz" wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

JollyRoger wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Jolly

They only joined in 'cos the jap's threw a few firecrackers. Had they
kept their bombs to themselves the US would have stayed at home
profiteering for years.

They made a fortune out of the war anyway, so it was a win/win.

Spizz- Hide quoted text -

You ungrateful buggers...

I suppose we would have been grateful if they had actually grown a set of
balls and given us a hand in the first place. Someone had to fight the good
fight and the Yanks sat and watched the free world do it for the best part
of two years until they were pushed.

Spizz- Hide quoted text -

Well actually, there was little "fighting" going on until the "Yanks"
pitched, mostly just the Allies getting there asses handed to them.

Be that as it may. *Lot's of regular guys did'nt come back, and many
scarred for life on all sides. *I think they all earned our respect.

Jolly

Jolly

A further demonstration of your ignorance. British troops were engaged
in N Africa and the Far East.

JH- Hide quoted text -

You missed the point...

Jolly
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:30 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
JollyRoger

Keegan wrote:
[...]

Point is, would you hev been able to do it without the considerable
help from the US? Answer is no.

Jolly
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:17 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On 2009-04-20, JollyRoger wrote:

How bout the US send you a bill (plus interest) for liberating your
country from a siege ;-)

How about the Brits sending you lot a bill (plus interest) for getting
you started in the first place (and saving you from the French)?
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM posted to rec.sport.rugby.union,rec.travel.europe
La-a-a-a-a-aarry the La-a-a-a-a-a-a-mb

On Apr 24, 9:17*pm, Jesper Lauridsen
On 2009-04-20, JollyRoger wrote:

How bout the US send you a bill (plus interest) for liberating your
country from a siege ;-)

How about the Brits sending you lot a bill (plus interest) for getting
you started in the first place (and saving you from the French)?

......William The Conqueror was French(ish)