Anyone for Bulgaria

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Bulgaria Report Part 1

tim..... wrote:

"Shawn The Sheep" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 10:41 pm, "tim....." wrote:
OK.....

(Sofia tomorrow)

tim

did you notice how Bulgarians carry their bread ?

In little plastic bags. I brought one back, do you want it?

It'll have gone off by now, surely?

Thanks for the report BTW. What's the smoking situation like there? (As
bad as Spain?)

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old April 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Shawn The Sheep

On Apr 16, 9:54*am, "tim....." wrote:
"Shawn The Sheep" wrote in ...
On Apr 15, 10:41 pm, "tim....." wrote:

OK.....

(Sofia tomorrow)

tim

did you notice how Bulgarians carry their bread ?

In little plastic bags. *I brought one back, do you want it?

tim

they've really caught up with our bad habits !
has anyone there learnt to smile yet ?
Old April 16th, 2009, 06:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

On Apr 15, 10:41 pm, "tim....." wrote:
OK.....

(Sofia tomorrow)

tim

did you notice how Bulgarians carry their bread ?

In little plastic bags. I brought one back, do you want it?

It'll have gone off by now, surely?

I meant a bag!

Thanks for the report BTW. What's the smoking situation like there? (As
bad as Spain?)

I did mean to mention this as the guys at ur told me that they all ignore
the "no smoking" signs on the trains. Well I'm glad to report that they
don't (ignore it) and they don't smoke on the buses either.

But they do all seem to smoke (they all wait outside the door at the
extended stops). The only time I was in a full restaurant I was offered the
"no smoking" option which seemed to work. Everywhere else that I ate was
casual free seating and there weren't enough people there for me to remember
if people were smoking or not.

tim

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)

"tim....." wrote:
"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote

Thanks for the report BTW. What's the smoking situation like there?
(As
bad as Spain?)

I did mean to mention this as the guys at ur told me that they all
ignore
the "no smoking" signs on the trains. Well I'm glad to report that
they
don't (ignore it) and they don't smoke on the buses either.

That's good to know.

But they do all seem to smoke (they all wait outside the door at the
extended stops). The only time I was in a full restaurant I was
offered the
"no smoking" option which seemed to work. Everywhere else that I ate
was
casual free seating and there weren't enough people there for me to
remember
if people were smoking or not.

I tend to notice the minute I open the door.

David

Old April 16th, 2009, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"tim....." wrote:
[...]

Often the seating wasn't enclosed (either outside or part of a mall)

tim

Old April 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge14[_2_]

Have you learnt to shut up, michaelnewport ?
No ?

"Shawn The Sheep" a écrit dans le message de
On Apr 16, 9:54 am, "tim....." wrote:
"Shawn The Sheep" wrote in

Old April 16th, 2009, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

Default Anyone for Bulgaria

On 2009-04-15, tim..... wrote:
Having just come back from a trip does anyone want a report?

Trip reports are always welcome.
Old April 17th, 2009, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_135_]

tim wrote:

Having just come back from a trip does anyone want a report?

Yes, we are enjoying your Bulgarian trip reports.

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Old April 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

The scenery is as expected for an east European country, mostly dull
and depressing with lots of semi derelict houses and a countryside
that is littered with rubbish.

I haven't seen much rubbish in Hungary, Romania or the Czech Republic.
More in Slovakia and a LOT more in Croatia and Bosnia, where broken
fridges roam the hills like sheep. Maybe it's a south-Balkan thing?

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====