Kids on the Dance Floor

Old December 9th, 2003, 05:37 PM
DeeLeeCee

Default Kids on the Dance Floor

On a recent trans-Atlantic cruise (RCL) we witnessed some out-of-control kids
on the dance floor at the Captain's formal cocktail party. Their ages were
about 2, 3, and 11. The children were running amongst the dancing couples,
sitting on the floor, and generally involved in inappropriate behaviors. It
was extremely annoying to the people dancing not to mention dangerous to the
younger children. I approached the father mentioning the danger to his
children. His answer was that they had as much right to the dance floor as we
did. Later in the cruise I asked the purser if there was a policy regarding
toddlers on the dance floor. The answer was no. Any comments or similar
experiences?
Old December 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM
KathyDFrog

On a recent trans-Atlantic cruise (RCL) we witnessed some out-of-control kids
on the dance floor at the Captain's formal cocktail party. Their ages were
about 2, 3, and 11. The children were running amongst the dancing couples,
sitting on the floor, and generally involved in inappropriate behaviors. It
was extremely annoying to the people dancing not to mention dangerous to the
younger children. I approached the father mentioning the danger to his
children. His answer was that they had as much right to the dance floor as
we
did. Later in the cruise I asked the purser if there was a policy regarding
toddlers on the dance floor. The answer was no. Any comments or similar
experiences?

I agree with your frustration. I posted earlier aboutt he ill mannered people
and out of control children on my recent Celebrity cruise, only to be flamed by
the morons on this board.

"Premium" cruising implies some standards of manners for passengers and their
children. With $50/day cruises, its far less expensive to take the monsters on
the cruise and turn them loose.

Its a pity that cheapness and ill manners rein in contemporary America.
Old December 9th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Vincent Mossa

So why did you take a $50/day cruise?

Maybe you are the moron...or maybe just rude. You must be from New York,
according
to your own logic!

Old December 9th, 2003, 10:58 PM

Let me guess, DeeLeeCee, the father was also the person wearing the
jogging suit for formal night in the dining room. ...Jon

Old December 10th, 2003, 12:02 AM
OcnGypZ

Subject: Kids on the Dance Floor

Well.. not on a ship but at a hotel in New York.

There was a toddler playing on the staircase leading up to a very busy lounge.
Could not tell who the parents were.. or where they were. I made mention to
the hostess seating us.

Well.. don't you know....someone leaving the lounge trips over the little
girl.. goes down on their butt.. and kicks the little girl in the face with
their foot. The parents start screaming holy hell about suing the hotel.. and
the man leaving the bar.. yadda, yadda. Interesting to note that from where
the parents were sitting at the bar, their backs were to their child.

It takes all kinds.........

Babette
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Bravo Zulu

Of course, the children had just as much right to be there; however, their
behavior were inappropriate.

Bringing children to a Captain's Cocktail Party and having them run amuck is
rude and inconsiderate to the other passengers. Parents would not allow
their children to run and play during sermons at a church, unless of course,
they're inconsiderate.

Old December 10th, 2003, 03:54 AM
JLP20

Their ages were
about 2, 3, and 11. The children were running amongst the dancing couples,
sitting on the floor, and generally involved in inappropriate behaviors

A child's behavior can be altered by a "accidental" hip check. On a dance
floor, it would be open season.

"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20