Oceania Cruises' Insignia Sets Sail!

Old April 8th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Oceania Cruises' Insignia Sets Sail!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Oceania and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Miami, FL, April 7, 2004
Under cerulian blue skies and in the presence of Royalty and World
Leaders, Virginia Watters released a triple magnum of Perrier Jouet
that kissed Insignia’s hull, thus signaling the arrival of Oceania
Cruises’ second ship.

Insignia, currently sailing a sold out gala maiden voyage between
Barcelona and Athens, was recently christened in Monte Carlo, Monaco
by Virginia Watters, wife of Oceania Cruises Chairman Joe Watters.
Over 250 invited dignitaries, travel agents and VIP’s gathered to
celebrate the occasion which was hosted by His Serene Highness, Prince
Albert and the Principality of Monaco.

Addressing the assembled guests, Joe Watters, Chairman of Oceania
Cruises, praised the dedicated staff of Insignia and Regatta for their
hard work. He also praised the travel agent community for their
support of the line during the first year. “In the audience are some
of the world’s finest travel agents. Their belief in Oceania Cruises
allowed us to have one of the most successful introductions in the
history of cruising and we sincerely thank them for their great
support,” stated Watters.

Frank Del Rio, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises paid homage to
Watters, praising him for all of his contributions to travel industry
over the past three decades and referring to him as a “living legend
of the luxury cruise industry”. Del Rio also praised the travel agent
community and credited them for Oceania Cruises’ tremendous success
over the past year. “Oceania Cruises’ success lies with the thousands
of agents like you who believed in our concept. Professional travel
agents make the difference between success and failure and we ask for
your continued support in the future,” stated Del Rio as he informed
the VIP agents and guests of the arrival of the line’s third ship
Nautica, in May, 2005.

His Serene Highness, Prince Albert cited the strong ties between the
Principality of Monaco, the Grimaldi family and Oceania Cruises, “The
Regatta has already visited Monte Carlo 18 times and we hope the
Insignia will follow in the same way,” stated His Serene Highness. “My
country has spent time, energy and dedication to build this
semi-floating pier so that we may receive Regatta, Insignia and other
liners,” added Albert.

Insignia’s inaugural season will take her to the French and Italian
Rivieras, the Eastern Mediterranean, Greek Isles, Black Sea, British
Isles, Norwegian Fjords, South American and Antarctica. She will then
join Regatta and the latest addition to the Oceania Cruises fleet,
Nautica, for an encore season of European cruises in 2005. Details
regarding Nautica and Oceania Cruises 2005 European season will be
available shortly.

Oceania Cruises features three intimate and luxurious 684-guest ships,
REGATTA, INSIGNIA and NAUTICA. Oceania Cruises is setting a new,
worldwide standard for luxury cruising with the finest cuisine at sea,
exceptional personalized service, grand style, and luxurious
accommodations coupled with extraordinary value.

For detailed itineraries or additional information on Oceania Cruises
or to make a reservation, please contact your Travel Agent. To request
a brochure, call 800-531-5658 or visit www.OceaniaCruises.com.