Terrorism and tourism

Old May 16th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Diva

Default Terrorism and tourism

Good grief!!!! And you felt you had to correct ME for responding to him?
LOLOLOL

June

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message

And since you have appeared to have missed Clint's last "contribution",

here it
is

mercifully, snipped

Old May 17th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Charles

In article , Dick
Goldhaber wrote:

Don't blame me, blame Comcast. I have the moron/troll/idiot blocked.

Please. Comcast is not to blame. I am certain you can see who authors a
posting before you open it. Also AOL probably has a blocking method if
you choose to find it.

--
Charles
Old May 17th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Dick Goldhaber

I am sure that they do, Charles, but it was never my intention to use AOL,
which is NOT a free service, when I pay a substantial amount to Comcast.

When I started this thread several days ago it did not occur to me that
intermittently I would have to switch services.

I apologize to anyone who was offended by any of my messages.

Danni closed this subject last night by stating that we are going on the
trip. I thank all of the people who helped with our decision.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old May 17th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Tom & Linda

I believe that the thread has given us a lot of additional insight... much
more so than just providing an answer to your original question. The
question was a good springboard.

--Tom

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
I am sure that they do, Charles, but it was never my intention to use AOL,
which is NOT a free service, when I pay a substantial amount to Comcast.

When I started this thread several days ago it did not occur to me that
intermittently I would have to switch services.

I apologize to anyone who was offended by any of my messages.

Danni closed this subject last night by stating that we are going on the
trip. I thank all of the people who helped with our decision.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old May 17th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Isn't it time that we declared that "enough is enough?"
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

t...

Old May 17th, 2004, 04:13 PM
clint

Apology accepted, Goldie!
"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
I am sure that they do, Charles, but it was never my intention to use AOL,
which is NOT a free service, when I pay a substantial amount to Comcast.

When I started this thread several days ago it did not occur to me that
intermittently I would have to switch services.

I apologize to anyone who was offended by any of my messages.

Danni closed this subject last night by stating that we are going on the
trip. I thank all of the people who helped with our decision.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old May 17th, 2004, 05:12 PM
a.a.t.

This "terrorism and tourism" thread has been very interesting reading.
But......it is a bit disconcerting, for me, to read several posters
stating they will not be traveling to Turkey or Athens........???

I understand that traveling to Athens during the upcoming Olympics is
near neigh to impossible, at this late date, but why not at other times?
The over one billion dollars being spent in security for the Olympic
games is not just for the games, it is of benefit already and will
continue after the games.........the several billions of dollars spent
in the infrastructure of Athens is of benefit not only to residents but
tourists alike.....we have endured a couple years and still are enduring
the dust, grit and inconvenience of major building projects......our
commute times have tripled and quadrupled because of the many
construction projects for new tram lines, airport transportaion rail
lines, inner city roads, highways, overpasses, underpasses, metro
construction, etc but already we are seeing many of those roads and
improved transportation being available and bringing relief to us all
....so much done all for a better infrastructure........hopefully the
disheartening negativity of many North American travelers reluctant to
travel to Athens will be cancelled out by some good reports, ( and
hopefully also the absence of any lunatics ) from the upcoming
Olympiad........and hopefully you will not be leaving Greece and
Turkey and it's multiple attractions off of your travel
agendas............ANGELICA

Old May 17th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Tom & Linda

"a.a.t." wrote in message

[...]

Maybe it's deserved or or maybe it isn't, but the Athens airport has a
reputation for not being the safest.

--Tom ---- going to the Greek Isles this summer - by ship

Old May 18th, 2004, 12:21 AM
clint

I think we need to more thouroughly examine "Terrorism and tourism!"
as well as "swinging cruises/beaches!" haha
"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
et...