world's worst tourists

Old October 9th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Mxsmanic

Default Nice Ugly Americans

Tim Challenger writes:

How do you get "about twice as many" ansd "nearly all"
from those figures?

The population of Europe is around twice that of the U.S. The
population of Canada doesn't amount to much, and Mexico is part of the
Third World and skews the numbers. Almost all the real money in North
America is in the United States.

Old October 9th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Reid©" wrote in message
Following up to Mxsmanic

Which Europe do you live in?

The one that still worships royals, and keeps them rich with taxpayer
monies.

Some europeans worship royals, some americans worship filmstars
and even let them run the state/country sometimes. Its only UK
that has a really high profile (powerless) royal family and they
probably show a profit on tourism, although I would be happy to
do without them. (although I can enjoy a ceremonial from time to
time).
--

The cost of the Royals (the civil list) was around £8 million
last year.

That wouldnt even make a downpayment on AirForce1

Keith

Old October 9th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Deep Freud Moors

Mxsmanic wrote in message
Tim Challenger writes:

How do you get "about twice as many" ansd "nearly all"
from those figures?

The population of Europe is around twice that of the U.S.

Where do you stop counting though? The definition of "Europe" is a broad
one.
---
DFM

Old October 9th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Frank Slootweg

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bram writes:

I only know of people who work hard for their money around here.

Lots of people work hard for their money in Europe. They have to, since
they are paid so poorly. Even then, they don't get rich. In the highly
unlikely event that they manage to overcome all the social obstacles to
actually making lots of money through earning alone (as opposed to being
born into it), the tax people will take it all.

In most of Europe, it is tacitly understood that if you aren't born into
money, you have no right to accumulate it, even by working for it.

Do you seppos *have* to stereotype yourselves?
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Frank Slootweg

Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:
On 09 Oct 2003 07:26:19 GMT, Frank Slootweg wrote:

Yeah, like Mad Cow Disease, foot in mouth disease, high unemployment
and high taxes.

Which brings us back to ignorant Americans (my aplogies for the
redundancy).

LOL
Was that the reference to "foot in mouth" disease ?

Actually it was a reference to all them.
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Mxsmanic

Keith Willshaw writes:

That wouldnt even make a downpayment on AirForce1

The U.K. economy wouldn't even make a downpayment on Tampa, either.

Old October 9th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Mxsmanic" schreef in bericht
Sjoerd writes:

Huh? Thousands of rich young Dutch people here in Amsterdam who got

rich
by
working hard, or having a creative idea for a business.

There are no rich Europeans, at least none who got that way by earning
it themselves. I've seen what passes for "rich" in Europe, and only a
European would consider that wealthy.

What is your definition for "rich" and "wealthy"?

Sjoerd, who feels rich himself but probably wouldn't qualify in Mxsmanic's
definition.

I guess the author is not rich. Perhaps I am richer.

Old October 9th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Captain Flack

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:40:20 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Sjoerd writes:

What is your definition for "rich" and "wealthy"?

Permanently having more money and income than you know what to do with.

So Richard Branson doesn't qualify because he knows what to do with
his money like building hot air balloons and speedboats.

America by your definition probably has more rich people only because
they are too clueless to figure out how to spend their wad.

--
Support Trumpton's Striking Firemen
One day there will be a real fire and we'll need them

captain(underscore)flack(squirlything)hotmail(you know what)com
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Reid©

Following up to Frank Slootweg

Do you seppos *have* to stereotype yourselves?

what's a seppo?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Captain Flack

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:37:18 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:45:41 +0200, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

"Go Fig" schreef in bericht
In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Frank F. Matthews writes:

Then again the ignorant europeans who keep using the term "Ugly
American" without understanding the literary reference are cute as

well.

There are precious few Americans who understand the reference, either.

How well do Europeans understand 'Euro trash'?

Isn't that the term Americans use for Europeans when they are jealous of the
superior lifestyle in the Old World?

Sjoerd

Yeah, like Mad Cow Disease, foot in mouth disease, high unemployment
and high taxes.

American's are rich? Really? With all that money, makes you wonder why
they need to KEEP BORROWING SO MUCH!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Yup, everything they own is in hock, mainly to the European and
Japanese banks who are making $$$ in interest from these irresponsible
idiots.

Sure they pay low taxes. They borrow to fund the shortfall. But one
day they'll have to pay it back... then mxsmanic will really now what
high taxes are. 23,000 bucks for every man, woman and child in the
country. That should be fun.

The Americans aren't rich. European and Japanese banks own everything
they have.