world's worst tourists

Old October 9th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Reidİ

Default world's worst tourists

Following up to Gerry

Once again another opinion voiced as if
it had more clout behind it than a single voice.

My opinions are voiced as my opinions, do I have a political
party in my sig file instead of my name or something?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Reidİ

Following up to tim

something brits rarely do.

really?
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Reidİ

Following up to Desmond Coughlan

Her mind's gone ? I'm behind the times.

I understand she has Alzheimers or something similar.

Then again, I only found out an
hour ago, that Arnie Schwar[fill in some random consonants here]er got
elected governor of California !!

Glad to see i'm not the only one who cant get past Schw....
I now have a spice jar (ground mace) out of the cupboard, so its
Schwartzaneggar maybe?
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Reidİ

Default Nice Ugly Americans

Following up to Mxsmanic

Alas! Those are the only Europeans left who _have_ money, since it's
impossible to become rich by earning it in Europe today.

The way to become rich is to start a business, you can also
become relatively rich by working in the financial sector as an
employee.
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Reidİ

Following up to Mxsmanic

You said "There are no rich Europeans ..." Even one person in 200
is a long way from "no rich Europeans".

There are no rich Europeans earning their own money. It's possible that
my standard of wealth is different from that of Merill Lynch.

or your just making it up as you go along.
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Bram

Mxsmanic wrote in message . ..
Hatunen writes:

You said "There are no rich Europeans ..." Even one person in 200
is a long way from "no rich Europeans".

There are no rich Europeans earning their own money. It's possible that
my standard of wealth is different from that of Merill Lynch.

It's possible that you are an ignorant American that wasn't rich
enough to buy yourself a clue. I only know of people who work hard
for their money around here. Why am I even trying to reason with a
frustrated retard like you?
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:48:19 +0100, Reidİ wrote:

Care to educate us as to what the literary usage implies?

Please! Until I joined this group I had never heard the term and
I have never heard a European use it. What does it refer to?

Exactly, only 'murcans use it in my experience.
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:25:20 -0500, Jenn wrote:

here is a description:

Discarded Advice

The Ugly American
by Eugene Burdick and William J. Lederer

Jenn,
Thankyou very much. Now I know what it's all about, rather than having to
guess all the time.

Old October 9th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Tim Challenger

On 09 Oct 2003 07:26:19 GMT, Frank Slootweg wrote:

Yeah, like Mad Cow Disease, foot in mouth disease, high unemployment
and high taxes.

Which brings us back to ignorant Americans (my aplogies for the
redundancy).

LOL
Was that the reference to "foot in mouth" disease ?

Old October 9th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Mxsmanic

Bram writes:

I only know of people who work hard for their money around here.

Lots of people work hard for their money in Europe. They have to, since
they are paid so poorly. Even then, they don't get rich. In the highly
unlikely event that they manage to overcome all the social obstacles to
actually making lots of money through earning alone (as opposed to being
born into it), the tax people will take it all.

In most of Europe, it is tacitly understood that if you aren't born into
money, you have no right to accumulate it, even by working for it.