Carnival Liberty

Old November 16th, 2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Default Carnival Liberty

Lots pf passengers and crew ill with flu-like symptoms on transatlantic
cruise.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/.../sick_cruise_1
Old November 16th, 2006, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Ermalee wrote:
Lots pf passengers and crew ill with flu-like symptoms on transatlantic
cruise.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/.../sick_cruise_1

Cruise News Daily had a report about this in yesterdays edition. This
illness is on the 19 day transatlantic crossing and has affected 556
passengers and 154 crew members, not all at once. As a result the Nov.
19th sailing will leave 2 days late so they can disinfect the ship.

sue

Old November 17th, 2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..
Lots pf passengers and crew ill with flu-like symptoms on transatlantic
cruise.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/.../sick_cruise_1

Erm, it is probably something like I got when on the Conquest...I know there
is some virus going around on land as well as at sea. It starts with a sore
throat and a cough that won't quit. It is all over, at the university and
lab, Mike says everyone is coughing. No fever or other symptoms...it's just
that pesky cough that won't go away. Your throat stays irritated from all
the coughing.

Maybe now, Carnival will put up sanitizing stations at buffet and dining
room entrances. When I asked why they were not present on the Conquest, I
was told they thought hand washing was more effective...Sure, but how do you
get to get everyone to wash their hands? Some people are more likely to
use the sanitizing agent if it is right at the entrance than wash their
hands.

That sure is a long voyage to take while being ill or being around others
who are ill.

--Jean

Old November 17th, 2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Big problem with norovirus, most of the help wipe there tushes with there
left hand, not toilet paper. Insist that the help were rubber gloves!
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. com...

. ..

Old November 17th, 2006, 02:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Granduer of the seas was the same way,no sanitizing stations anywhere. I
carried my own,and used it all the time.
surfer e2468

cruise lover

Old November 17th, 2006, 04:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill C

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

On Disney in August they had the hand sanitizers at every entrance to a
food venue. They also had someone at every entrance that would ask you
to use the hand sanitizers and also handed out wipes. Thankfully we had
no noro outbreaks on our cruise.

Bill
--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old November 17th, 2006, 02:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
F.

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. com...

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I was at a Kroger's in Georgia that had hand washing stations everywhere.
Makes sense, almost like, why didn't I think of that?

Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

With many of these ships having health problems and sick passengers, you
would think that the cruise business would really suffer financially. On the
other hand, I read recently that the cruise business is still doing very
well financially and doesn't seem to be harmed at all. Why? Any idea?

JP

"F." wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. com...