hotel in KL

Old November 10th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Jan

Default hotel in KL

I'm looking for a nice hotel in KL (Malaysia). No business hotel and
situated centrally. Can anyone recommend one? We are traveling with our son
(14 months).

Thanks for your help.

Jan

Old November 12th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Don

Jan wrote:
I'm looking for a nice hotel in KL (Malaysia). No business hotel and
situated centrally. Can anyone recommend one? We are traveling with our son
(14 months).

What do you class as a business hotel? Centrally located to what?
Markets? Indian area? ChinaTown? CBD?

If you want nice then try the Sheraton Imperial. I've stayed there a few
times. Nice view of the TT.

Don

Old November 13th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Elaine

"Don" wrote in message
u...
Jan wrote:
I'm looking for a nice hotel in KL (Malaysia). No business hotel and
situated centrally. Can anyone recommend one? We are traveling with our

son
(14 months).

What do you class as a business hotel? Centrally located to what?
Markets? Indian area? ChinaTown? CBD?

If you want nice then try the Sheraton Imperial. I've stayed there a few
times. Nice view of the TT.

Don, I'm staying in the Sheraton Imperial next April. Any tips for places
to eat, things to see in the immediate area?

Thanks

Elaine

Old November 13th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Jan

Elaine wrote:
"Don" wrote in message
u...
Jan wrote:
I'm looking for a nice hotel in KL (Malaysia). No business hotel and
situated centrally. Can anyone recommend one? We are traveling with
our son (14 months).

What do you class as a business hotel? Centrally located to what?
Markets? Indian area? ChinaTown? CBD?

If you want nice then try the Sheraton Imperial. I've stayed there a
few times. Nice view of the TT.

Don, I'm staying in the Sheraton Imperial next April. Any tips for
places to eat, things to see in the immediate area?

Thanks

Elaine

Lunch or dinner at: Dragon View 81 Jalan Alor off Bukit Bintang
Lunch for 6 with Beer was Rm 136

The Coliseum Cafe 100 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman -- great fun

---

Old November 14th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Don

Elaine wrote:

Don, I'm staying in the Sheraton Imperial next April.

It is a classy place. If you are interested I have taken a few pics of
the interior ... http://digiscan.members.easyspace.co...ia%20hotel.htm

Any tips for places
to eat, things to see in the immediate area?

Not much in the immediate area (that I know of). Although it's pretty
easy to get around, either via cab or rail.

If you want a nice view and flashy then go to the revolving place atop
the KL Comms Tower. It's one of those "must do once" things. Otherwise I
stick to the more authentic (aka cheap) places. For example if you go
past say an Indian place and there are lots of Indians eating there then
I consider that a good recommendation.

The night markets at Petaling st are a must. Just be prepared to be
constantly badgered to buy. You can ususally get a reasonable bargain
though. Watching them set up the markets is amazing in itself. Be there
at about 4-4:30pm and watch the street transformed. Amazing.

The Twin Towers skybridge is worth it, although you don't get too long
up there and it costs. The KL Tower is free and you can stay up as long
as you like.

Cheers
Don

Old November 14th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Miguel Cruz

Don wrote:
The Twin Towers skybridge is worth it, although you don't get too long
up there and it costs. The KL Tower is free and you can stay up as long
as you like.

It's sort of the other way around.

The Petronas Towers Skybridge is free but they only let you stay a few
minutes.

KL Tower requires a paid ticket but you can stay as long as you please.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/