Visit the Amazon - BRAZIL

Old October 10th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Jsananda

Default Visit the Amazon - BRAZIL

Ariau Amazon Towers Hotel
http://www.AriauAmazonTowers.com

Brazil's 205-room Ariau Amazon Towers Hotel may be the world's only
accommodations set amid the wild flowers, birds and monkeys of the rain-forest
canopy

The way to Tarzan's house was a wooden catwalk 60 feet high that angled through
the jungle canopy, with trees growing through the floorboards and lianas
draping themselves all around. Well-camouflauged crocodilians hunted in the
flooded forest below, and a procession of brilliantly colored parrots was
arriving for their dinner at the hotel's expense, of course. I passed a
menagerie of friendly monkeys, one of whom jumped on my back and began grooming
my hair while another tried to relieve me of my watch. Finally, I went up a
staircase that spiraled around a huge mahogany tree and found myself on a
90-foot-high platform snugly fit between branches looking over the Amazon's
thousand shades of green.

Tarzan's house is one perch in the world's largest treetop resort. With seven
cylindrical towers and two lookout towers rising to 130 feet, and three miles
of catwalks connecting them through the multilayered mazeway of the rain
forest, Brazil's Ariauâ Hotel dwarfs the more famous tree lodges of Kenya
and California. The genius of the place is that you can experience the jungle
far better up in the canopy where most of the birds, monkeys and flowers
are than stumbling around on the ground.

Please check the URL to read the whole article:
http://www.ariauamazontowers.com/forbes.htm

or check Ariau's web site for more info:
http://www.AriauAmazonTowers.com