Should I e-mail the cruise line in praise of my waiter?

Old April 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Odysseus

Default Should I e-mail the cruise line in praise of my waiter?

The waiter on my last cruise was particularly good. He
seemed to understand my preferences in food. I followed
his recommendations of what to order and was always
pleased with his selections. Will it benefit him if I
e-mail RCI praising him?

Old April 7th, 2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

The best most immediate praise you can give any employee is in your
comment card. I think a hand written letter would carry a little more
weight then an e-mail in securing his future and growth with the line.
Just becaue you took the extra time to go the extra mile. You could
include your e-mail address so they know you took the extra time. Just
my opinion.

Old April 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
The best most immediate praise you can give any employee is in your
comment card. I think a hand written letter would carry a little more
weight then an e-mail in securing his future and growth with the line.
Just becaue you took the extra time to go the extra mile. You could
include your e-mail address so they know you took the extra time. Just
my opinion.

Not sure about a hand written letter in today's world. I know at work I
check e-mail constantly. But sometimes don't check my snail mail more than
once a week or so (because nothing ever comes except free trade magazines).
I'm thinking a hand written letter could easily go unread.

--Tom

Old April 7th, 2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom K wrote:
"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
The best most immediate praise you can give any employee is in your
comment card. I think a hand written letter would carry a little more
weight then an e-mail in securing his future and growth with the line.
Just becaue you took the extra time to go the extra mile. You could
include your e-mail address so they know you took the extra time. Just
my opinion.

Not sure about a hand written letter in today's world. I know at work I
check e-mail constantly. But sometimes don't check my snail mail more than
once a week or so (because nothing ever comes except free trade magazines).
I'm thinking a hand written letter could easily go unread.

Tom, I hate to disagree with you, but I think a letter would mean more
then an email. When we wrote a letter to Pricess about our Beam problem,
we also included praise for many other things about the cruise. Our
comments were passed on to the appropriate departments. I don't know if
the same would of been done if we had sent an email instead.

sue
Old April 7th, 2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rick[_3_]

On Apr 7, 11:09 am, "Tom K" wrote:
Not sure about a hand written letter in today's world. I know at work I
check e-mail constantly. But sometimes don't check my snail mail more than
once a week or so (because nothing ever comes except free trade magazines).
I'm thinking a hand written letter could easily go unread.

--Tom

Tom, I see your point. I just think in todays world e-mail is
very easy. Taking
the time to hand write a company (especially to give praise) means you
took
the time to care and show intrest. Thats why I suggested including
the e-mail
address to show it could have been done that way. Does a hand written
letter
carry any more weight than an e-mail? Not sure. It was just a
suggestion.
I don't disagree that your method would be wrong. I do know for a
fact that hand
written letter are copied and shared with the employees on the ship.
Just the same
as comment cards are. Its a huge bonus for any employee to be
mentioned by
name in any positive letter.

Rick

Old April 8th, 2007, 05:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
lj

"Odysseus" wrote in message
m...
The waiter on my last cruise was particularly good. He
seemed to understand my preferences in food. I followed
his recommendations of what to order and was always
pleased with his selections. Will it benefit him if I
e-mail RCI praising him?

Praise sent in any form would be helpful to him

Old April 9th, 2007, 05:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mary Foster

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Tom K wrote:

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message

[...]