Cruise pricing based on passenger residence

Old March 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default Cruise pricing based on passenger residence

Charles wrote:

Makes me think of Celebrity. I hope they have put their delicious
waffle making stations on Solstice.

They didn't have a waffle station, but they did have freshly made
waffles. They kept bringing out fresh ones and they were very good.

Do you have a Solstice cruise booked?

sue
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

They didn't have a waffle station, but they did have freshly made
waffles. They kept bringing out fresh ones and they were very good.

Do you have a Solstice cruise booked?

Yes, but not really. This really is waffling. I have a Solstice sailing
booked as a placeholder in 2010 to keep an onboard booking credit
active that I made a few years ago but I don't expect to go on the
booked sailing. I would like to go on Solstice or the following ship in
it's class when the right sailing opportunity arises.

--
Charles
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

They didn't have a waffle station, but they did have freshly made
waffles. They kept bringing out fresh ones and they were very good.

Do you have a Solstice cruise booked?

Yes, but not really. This really is waffling. I have a Solstice sailing
booked as a placeholder in 2010 to keep an onboard booking credit
active that I made a few years ago but I don't expect to go on the
booked sailing. I would like to go on Solstice or the following ship in
it's class when the right sailing opportunity arises.

Waffling is ok and they are tasty.LOL

We LOVED THE SOLSTICE and I think you will enjoy it. The Solstice or one
of her sister ships are at the top of our list for future cruises. The
only thing we will put ahead of it is a cruise to Bermuda in 2011, just
before we move to Florida.

The only problem with the Solstice from my point of view is that storage
space in the cabin is not great. For you as a single it would not be an
issue.

sue
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

TIO:
Considering booking a cruise with them,but have to know if they are
reliable or not

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 1st, 2009, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Heard they have discounts depending on what state you live in.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 3/1/2009 4:44 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
Heard they have discounts depending on what state you live in.

I assume their discounts are simply what the cruise lines
themselves offer.

Bill
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
uCruiser.com

I have my doubts that this is because of different prices in different
states, because they are displaying their prices online before you are
logged in. So they don't know where you are located unless they are using ip
geotargeting.

That would be easy to test though...

Mike
www.uCruiser.com

"Gregory C. Read" wrote in message
It doesn't even have to be different countries. There can be substantial
differences just in different areas of the same country. At least that's
true here in the U.S. Last year my brother paid about $150 less pp for an
outside than I paid for an inside on the same cruise because he was in
Florida and I'm in Pennsylvania

--
Greg

"peter" wrote in message
Cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean, HAL and others have different
prices
for cruises reserved online depending on where the customer lives. For
example a particular cruise for two people may cost $1000 per person if
the
site assumes you are a U.S. Resident, but (the euro equivalent) of $1200
for
a resident of France and $ 900 for a resident of Germany. Price
differences
can be substantial, taking into account taxes and port charges (which are
included in the quoted prices in some countries). I understand U.S.
agents
gladly sell cruises to European residents applying U.S. prices. Do the
cruiselines allow this or do they contractually have the right to adjust
the
price based on the customer's residence?

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

Heard they have discounts depending on what state you live in.

You can get those discounts from any travel agent.

--
Charles
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article m,
uCruiser.com wrote:

I have my doubts that this is because of different prices in different
states, because they are displaying their prices online before you are
logged in. So they don't know where you are located unless they are using ip
geotargeting.

Never the less despite your doubts it is true that the often the cruise
lines have different prices for those who live in different states.
When you go to an online booking engine they ask you what state you
live in or your zip code.

--
Charles
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
uCruiser.com

Try and go to directly to the source instead of the travel search engines.
Carnival.com do not ask you for any information. They give you the prices
right there without you tell them where you are located....
I don't know about sites like Priceline or Travelocity etc.. whenever I have
checked them they always seems to come out with higher prices than
vacationstogo or the cruise lines.

Mike
www.uCruiser.com

"Charles" wrote in message