What Are the More Mature Ships Sailing to Alaska?

Old May 9th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Edward Bagnaschi

Default What Are the More Mature Ships Sailing to Alaska?

I would like to know what are the more concidered "MATURE" ships
sailing to Alaska? Meaning, hardly no children running all over the
place, no wild clubbing; however more of a relaxing, yet exciting,
spending time with your spouse sort of thing. That's what my wife and
I are looking for for our anniversary in June. Please let us know,
thanks

Old May 10th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Edward Bagnaschi

which ships?

Old May 10th, 2004, 01:36 AM
wayne

We went on Crystal several years ago While they do have children very few
and nothing wild going on!
We had a great time!

One caution though once you go on Crystal it raises the bar for the other
cruise lines.

We had a travel agent which works part time for Crystal meet us at the gate
( pre 9/11 )
She was just meeting the 6 people on our flight and had all the names on a
list to make sure we were all there.

She led us down to baggage claim and once we had our luggage she purchased
the carts for us to put our bags on and led us to the bus. Debarking they
had painted lines and people all along the way and at the airport rather
than the usual once the cruise is over they are done with you!

Wayne

Old May 10th, 2004, 02:01 AM
JLeary256

I have sailed on 4 different lines to Alaska. Overall- all have the majority
of passengers middle aged and above- even my 3 trips on Carnival. No party
ships sailing Alaska yet HAL is my top pick, "smaller" ships with supurb
deck viewing space. BUT look at other factors in your choice outside of the
ship- route - most Seattle sailings do more outside passage sailing for my
preferences, ports, time in ports, glacier- Glacier Bay is my clear preference,
price. Budget fully for shore tours- you get only half a trip without time.
I don't go on one ways- my opinion only without College Fjord and I always add
at least 5 days+++ for interior touring- take advantage of being all the way
there.
Old May 10th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Tom & Linda

"Edward Bagnaschi" wrote in message
I would like to know what are the more concidered "MATURE" ships
sailing to Alaska? Meaning, hardly no children running all over the
place, no wild clubbing; however more of a relaxing, yet exciting,
spending time with your spouse sort of thing. That's what my wife and
I are looking for for our anniversary in June. Please let us know,
thanks

Mature as in over 18? Or mature as in over 60?

--Tom

Old May 10th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Edward Bagnaschi

I already gave the meaning for mature.

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Linsifer

Would you mind copying and pasting a portion of the original post so we know
what you're referring to? I noticed you replied like that in a previous message
and someone responded with a "huh"?

Thanks! :-)

Lindsay

You wrote: