Advice please on breaking trip to Sydney [from UK]

Old November 28th, 2003, 07:47 PM
newman

Default Advice please on breaking trip to Sydney [from UK]

I am going to Sydney for 3 weeks in February and would welcome advice on
breaking the trip with say 2 night stops in San Francisco to the way out
and Dubai or Singapore on the return.
What are the pitfalls and logistic problems and would the advantages of
seeing these places outweigh the disadvantages.

Regards

Old November 29th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Keith Willshaw

"newman" wrote in message
I am going to Sydney for 3 weeks in February and would welcome advice on
breaking the trip with say 2 night stops in San Francisco to the way out
and Dubai or Singapore on the return.
What are the pitfalls and logistic problems and would the advantages of
seeing these places outweigh the disadvantages.

Regards

I wouldnt go via SFO unless thats a major part of your trip,
prices that way are consistently higher than eastbound
flights and the flight is longer in elapsed time.

I'd recommend a stopover in Singapore outbound and
Dubai on the return trip. Febuary is a great time for Dubai
its pleasantly warm in the daytime not a furnace.

Be aware though that stopovers each way will effectively steal
a week from your trip. I always stopover coming back
but generally try and fly straight through outbound. It
doesnt seem so bad at the start of the holiday somehow.

Keith

Old November 30th, 2003, 08:19 PM
bazza1603

Hi,

If you would like to do Singapore and San Fran (Dubai wouldnot work)
Try BA , as I am sure there fares allow you to go one way and come
back another.

Or Emirates would allow you to Stop in Dubai and also there DXB to SYD
flights stops at Singapore. Make sure you ask about free or discount
Hotels in both DXB and SIN as Emirates normally have good offers.

Emirates fly directly to Dubai from Birmingham Manchester and London.
The Sydney service should be operating with the new Airbus A340-500 by
now.

I can recommend Emirates

Regards

Barry

Old November 30th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Keith Willshaw

"bazza1603" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

If you would like to do Singapore and San Fran (Dubai wouldnot work)
Try BA , as I am sure there fares allow you to go one way and come
back another.

Or Emirates would allow you to Stop in Dubai and also there DXB to SYD
flights stops at Singapore. Make sure you ask about free or discount
Hotels in both DXB and SIN as Emirates normally have good offers.

Emirates fly directly to Dubai from Birmingham Manchester and London.
The Sydney service should be operating with the new Airbus A340-500 by
now.

I can recommend Emirates

Regards

Barry

I seem to recall that Emirates no longer stopover in Singapore
but fly non stop from Dubai now they have the A340-500's

Keith

Old November 30th, 2003, 10:01 PM
newman

bazza1603 wrote:

Hi,

If you would like to do Singapore and San Fran (Dubai wouldnot work)
Try BA , as I am sure there fares allow you to go one way and come
back another.

Or Emirates would allow you to Stop in Dubai and also there DXB to SYD
flights stops at Singapore. Make sure you ask about free or discount
Hotels in both DXB and SIN as Emirates normally have good offers.

Emirates fly directly to Dubai from Birmingham Manchester and London.
The Sydney service should be operating with the new Airbus A340-500 by
now.

I can recommend Emirates

Regards

Barry

Whom should I ask about hotels, Emirates direct or a travel agent.

Regards

Old November 30th, 2003, 11:08 PM
bondipom

Originally posted by Newman

I am going to Sydney for 3 weeks in February and would welcome
advice on

breaking the trip with say 2 night stops in San Francisco to
the way out

and Dubai or Singapore on the return.

What are the pitfalls and logistic problems and would the
advantages of

seeing these places outweigh the disadvantages.

Regards

Singapore is an easy stopover and 2 days is probably enough because the
place is not that exciting. Singapore airlines is arguably the best
economy class in the world and they have good connections to Sydney.

Other possibilities for a stopover include Hong Kong with Cathay,
Bangkok (BA, Quantas Thai, Kuala Lumpur (Lauda and Malaysian), Tokyo
(JAL and ANA) and Osaka (JAL and ANA). It all depends on what floats
your boat and what your budget is.

Old December 1st, 2003, 11:17 PM
bazza1603

Hi,

Your right, when the new aircraft takes over it no longer stops in
Singapore.
Its a shame cos I sell a load of Emirates and Singapore is a nice
place to break the journey up...

If you lucky with Emirates you will get a decent sales person, but I
doubt it. I would try a decent travel agent....

Regards

Barry