No time for Vaccinations!!

Old March 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
DJC[_2_]

Default No time for Vaccinations!!

We are going on a short cruise on the Carnival Destiny next week - with
stops in Key West and Cozumel. Have not had any vaccinations. Any advice
on what to do or not do. Is there anything I can get in the short term?

TIA

Old March 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:08:46 -0230, "DJC"
wrote:

We are going on a short cruise on the Carnival Destiny next week - with
stops in Key West and Cozumel. Have not had any vaccinations. Any advice
on what to do or not do. Is there anything I can get in the short term?

Hi,

You are not required to have any vaccinations for this itinerary. Go
and enjoy your cruise. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

DJC wrote:
We are going on a short cruise on the Carnival Destiny next week - with
stops in Key West and Cozumel. Have not had any vaccinations. Any advice
on what to do or not do. Is there anything I can get in the short term?

You should not need vaccinations for either destination. I have never
been to Key West, but if is in the US, so you should be fine. I have
been to Cozumel many times and on a land trip to Cancun(very nearby) and
never needed any vacination.

Enjoy your cruise.

sue
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Sue Mullen wrote:

DJC wrote:
We are going on a short cruise on the Carnival Destiny next week - with
stops in Key West and Cozumel. Have not had any vaccinations. Any advice
on what to do or not do. Is there anything I can get in the short term?

You should not need vaccinations for either destination. I have never
been to Key West, but if is in the US, so you should be fine. I have
been to Cozumel many times and on a land trip to Cancun(very nearby) and
never needed any vacination.

In Key West, maybe a tetanus shot in case you get scratched by a
Hemingway cat or run across a rooster in a foul (or is fowl) mood. Other
than that you should be good to go.

For those of you thinking about more exotic places, the US Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention has a useful website at
http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Mar 28, 10:38*am, "DJC" wrote:
We are going on a short cruise on the Carnival Destiny next week - with
stops in Key West and Cozumel. *Have not had any vaccinations. *Any advice
on what to do or not do. *Is there anything I can get in the short term?

TIA

Nothing to worry about ...
In Key West ... a Margarita should serve the purpose ...

Old March 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
DJC[_2_]

Thanks to all for your help.

Any tips on things to do at these ports. We plan to just explore in Key
West and see what the day brings us - I hear there is a Margeuritaville. We
have a VW Beetle rented in Cozumel to visit some sites. My wife would like
to visit one of the ruins.

Thanks Again!

Old March 28th, 2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:19:15 -0230, DJC wrote:
Sounds like something my wife would say!!

Do a websearch for "name of country you're visiting vaccinations"

None of the countries you're visiting have problems with the likes of
maleria, yellow fever, polio, etc.

The cruise line would have told you if there were any requirements.

Got your passport in order? :-P
Old March 28th, 2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"DJC" wrote in message
We are going on a short cruise on the Carnival Destiny next week - with
stops in Key West and Cozumel. Have not had any vaccinations. Any
advice on what to do or not do. Is there anything I can get in the short
term?

TIA

Key West, Conch Train tour. Cozumel, check with your home location auto
insurance agency. Ensure that you are totally covered in Mexico for car
rental. I can almost guarantee that you will not be covered. Most Credit
cards don't cover you either. Purchase or at least check about Mexican auto
insurance with plenty of coverage for collision, comprehensive and bodily
injury before your trip. If your home auto insurance company can't provide
appropriate documentation that you are covered or provide that service find
a company that can. You may need it.