Shark Corp 10-2450 SharkSaw 8-Inch Double Blade Saw

Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Shark Corp 10-2450 SharkSaw 8-Inch Double Blade Saw

Price:$29.99
Image: http://megadealfinder.info/image.php?id=B000078ONS
Best deal: http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000078ONS

I originally bought this saw several years ago because the small hardware store I was shopping in did not have a pruning saw. When I looked at this one the price was right and I figured that the design would work for what I wanted to do. Although I do a fair amount of woodworking I did not originally consider it for for any of these woodworking jobs. It handled the pruning tasks although the wet wood occasionally clogged the small crosscut teeth. I tossed it into my pickup tool box thinking that the next time I would need it is when I was out pruning trees again.Over the years I had collected several standard handsaws of the english, push variety, and I used them for my woodworking exclusively. One day I found myself needing to shorten some 2x4s for a deck I was building. Typically I would have set up and used my Delta chop saw for this work but I wasn't at home and I didn't have it with me. As it happened, I remembered this Shark double blade pullsaw in my pickup toolbox where I had thrown it after using it to prune those trees several months ago so, since it was handy, I grabbed it. I was absolutely astounded by how quickly it cut the redwood 2x4s I was working with.After that experience I have found that this saw (and a couple of other Shark saws that I have picked up since) get used a lot. I have cut through everything from the redwood already mentioned to pine, oak, maple and several other furniture grade hardwoods, and it has always been up to the task. It also cuts through plywood and other particle woods just as fast. In fact, for short jobs, it is always quicker than firing up my other powered saws. I've used it as both a crosscut saw and, less frequently, as a rip saw.Over the 5 or so years I've owned it I had finally broken off enough teeth on the crosscut side that I realized it was time to replace it. Interestingly enough, although I had used the rip side (it's great for dovetails, tenons and other joints requiring a rip cut) the rip teeth were still in very good condition and still are. I went to my little hardware store and found that I could buy a replacement blade for it. Since the blade is the major part of this saw the price savings isn't great but it is still a savings. The handle easily came off and the new blade was in place in seconds. Since changing out the handle is so easy and quick, I've kept the old blade for rough and ready jobs around the house where a clean cut isn't critical and where there is a chance that I may damage the teeth on some unseen screw or nail. After 5 years of fairly steady use the used blade still works great and it still amazes me how fast it cuts. Now that I have two blades I expect that the new one will probably last a long time.Like I said earlier, I have a number of handsaws and I really like several of them. But I strongly recommend this saw, especially if you are a hobbyist looking for one handsaw that will handle all your handsaw tasks and don't want to buy several of them. If I had to get rid of all my handsaws tomorrow and was told I could only keep one, this would be it. Believe me, this one will do the job! The only thing I would do is build myself a new miter box since this saw's blade is thin enough that the slots in the ones you buy at the hardware store are way too wide. But that is about the only change I'd have to make. By the way, this saw doesn't bounce around in my pickup toolbox anymore.
Over twenty years ago, I got a Ryoba nokogiri (Japanese double-bladed woodworking saw) from a mail-order house. I immediately fell in love with its double-sided blade- one side with coarse teeth for rip cuts and the other side with fine teeth for more delicate work. I went through two saws in eighteen years, and recently I tried the Sharksaw 10-2450 SharkSaw 8-1/2" Double Blade Saw. It has lost a few teeth and tends to buckle more than my old ryobas because the lower price also brings a thinner blade.But for a household `do everything' saw, you really cannot beat it. The Sharksaw/Ryoba style of saw has a few good features going for it, such as:**You can replace its blade when necessary. (Some higher-grade ryobas are one-piece and do not detach from the handle.) **They are razor sharp when new and will cut pine like butter; **Because they are bendable and thin, they can be used to make flush cuts. **They leave a small kerf in their wake, and **They work on almost any type of saw-able material---hardwood or softwood lumber, tree limbs, Styrofoam, even cardboard. Watch out, though they easily cut fingers, hands arms and legs if you're not careful. Don't throw away the blade guard that comes with it. Works OK to keep the hand and finger nicks down.If you're looking for a sharp, inexpensive and versatile handsaw, give this Sharksaw a chance. You won't be disappointed, and you just might fall in love with it too.
8-1/2" 24 Point (Cross), 9 Point (Rip) Fine Cut Double Blade Saw, Pull To Cut Extra Fine, Most Popular Saw With Cabinet & Fine Woodworkers, Uses Replacement Blade #01-2450, Total Length 14-3/4", Perfect For Use On Stair Systems & Undercuts (Door Jams/Casings).

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Shark Corp 01-2440 Replacement Blade For 10-2440 Shark Saw:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000224U4
Shark 10-2205 Trim/Detail Double Edge Saw:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000078ONO
Shark 10-2204 Dowel/Dovetail/Detail Saw:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B00004TBPU