Yunnan - Recommend Tour Agency for 8-10 days - KunmingDaliLijiangShangri-La

Old June 17th, 2007, 03:54 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Default Yunnan - Recommend Tour Agency for 8-10 days - KunmingDaliLijiangShangri-La

My wife and I are looking for a reliable and ethical travel agency for an
8-10 day tour around Yunnan. As my wife speaks fluent Chinese, we could
probably due well on our own, booking flights and making local travel
arrangements for tours/sights, etc. We have done this and it is tiring when
you must stick to a schedule. So my question is the following:

Can anyone recommend travel agents, either in Yunnan province or otherwise,
that can provide a tour to the destinations above or will I really be better
off making my own bookings? We have been to the Stone Forrest before, so
our Kunming part of the tour would leave us to enjoy the city. losing
whatever value the tour agency places on taking you there along with all the
tea farm visits and local cure-all medicine institutes.

I see at least two airline reservations (KMG-DLU) and (LJG-KMG) and hotels
every evening. Except for incidentals there would also be the entry fees,
tours and local transport. Should we do this on our own or is this trip
best left to an agent? Thanks.

rg

Old June 17th, 2007, 09:19 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Saudades

Sharkbait wrote:
[...]

KMG, DLU, LJG all 3 places are extremely touristy you will have no
problem with public transport to and from these 3 particular cities.
some recommended hotels or lodgings have a big board listing extensive
tourist services. i booked an internal flight [DLU-CAN] while in KMG
myself at the official government ticket issuing agency. just a case of
filling out a couple of forms.

didn't visit any tea farm but saw them from the bus. incredidble and
stunning tea terraces that don't seem to end, one village after another,
after another... for days on end.
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:49 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article Fn1di.292$p45.62@trndny01, says...
[...]

If you take a tour you will be stuck with a fixed schedule, but you can
easily organise the trip by yourself. Easy to find hotels without an
advance booking (but perhaps don't travel during the golden week at the
beginning of October when the entire China takes a week off).

You could fly from Kunming to Dali and then rent a car+driver in Dali.
That's because public transportion from Dali onwards is not too good and
having your own car will allow you to stop wherever you want. See my
China travelogue for details of my trip to Yunnan:

http://www.molon.de/travelogues/China/2004/
--

Alfred Molon
Old June 17th, 2007, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
foofoolamarr

On Jun 16, 10:54 pm, "Sharkbait" wrote:
[...]

If your wife is truly a fluent Chinese speaker, she's got it hands
down over your English skills. Hope she dumps your dumb ass.