what do you thimk

Old September 17th, 2003, 02:00 PM
SNUMBER6

Default what do you thimk

From: (skip lynch)

should cruise ships be able to dock in cuba??? would you go????

Throughout this entire thread ... I have seen no cruise related answer to this
.... save one poster mentioning that there is a Jamaican cruiseline that stops
there ... and the rest is political diatribe ...

Seems some people want to go there to show their politics ... others won't to
show theirs ... some show their prejudices against the refugees ... others
judging a people because a leader ... some even admiring that leader ...

To put a cruise related answer ...
first no ... ships should NOT be able to dock there ... They have a project to
attract cruiseships ... but until that is completed docking is not very
conducive to most cruiseships and cruisers ... In addition, the one line
cruising there offers walking tours only ... and then not very much ... until
they can establish more to see and do ... I'd prefer Ocho Rios even ... other
cruiselines plan trips ... but are not scheduling until things are completed

Would i go ?? again ... NO ... there is nothing of value or that interests me
there ... maybe they can build things ... (if you build it, he will come) ...
create attractions ... but until then ... not for me ... much better to chose
from ...

i read several reviews of people who cruised there ... and except for those
making a political point ... none thought it was worthwhile ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old September 17th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Jim

Wrong. 180 degrees wrong. What caused the fall of the USSR was a couple of
things. One being their belief that we were in the final stages of
developing "StarWars" and their inability to funnel enough money into
military projects to counter act this supposed ability AND the fact that the
people of the USSR, Poland, and Germany were seeing more about the 'Western"
world and seeing the truth about how we live and the things we enjoyed under
freedom. This was done through the free interaction of the people and not by
any foolish boycott. If you really want a free Cuba then let the people that
live there know what true freedom can bring. Right now the only ones that
know what freedom is are those that live in So Florida and NYC and the
powerful ones in those groups do not want Cuba to really go back to being
free, they want it to go back to the way it was with the man of their choice
in charge that gives them special privileges like they had under Batista.
Jim

"Major" wrote in message
"fishman" wrote:

Letting the dictator win???? That kind of foolish,

king-of-the-playground
thinking is why this freak of nature has been in power for over 40 years,

is
working on his political skills with his 9th U.S. president!!!

Actually, it is what won the Cold War after 50 years. power and
principle can have patience.

He has won!
What more does he need?

He has not won. He is a tin-pot dictator with no world power. He has
some adherent leftists in the developed world who would rather pretend
his political murder patterns did not exist (call him an "agrarian
reformer"?) But he knows that his tyranny will end when he does, and
he will have no more legacy than did Pol Pot, who is not particularly
adored by his former citizens (even the few million he didn't murder.)

unlike Baby Doc who has to live in relative
seclusion in France

Love those supporters of dictator murderers. At least he is not
murdering honest citizens like Castro does to this day.

What matters now is the Cuban people - how will they be best served?

What are you willing to sacrifice for the freedom of the next
generation? If Cubans got a few more Pesos from soft-brained
tourists, their oppression might be sustained by a few extra years,
while their diet had a bit more fat.

Is freedom that unimportant to you? Did no one in your family ever
fight or sacrifice for freedom?

How do we get rid of Castro?

Offer no economic sustenance until he is dead.

Waiting for him to die
hasn't worked

Be patient!

, starving his people hasn't worked

Blame him!

, clandestine assassination attempts haven't worked, a bungled invasion

hasn't worked

Blame Democrat administrations whose heart wasn't in it!

How about a
totally different solution? What do you have to offer?

You decide. Patience (knowing one is right and people deserve to be
free) and invasion.

Old September 17th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Jim

Hey, I'm a pretty strong Republican but you need to understand more about
Vietnam and history in general if you want to spout off. Truman a Democrat
did provide moral and political support to France when they reclaimed
Vietnam after WWII, Ike a Rep provided not only political support but
monetary support for this foolish landgrab by the French. Ike also provided
'advisors'. This was stepped up by Kennedy and eventually the advisors
became involved in combat until it was full blown by Johnson. Blame the loss
on Johnson and his ilk and even on France for starting it, but don't blame
all Democrats. I know quite a few that died in that God-forsaken country.
History lesson for you bub, Lincoln was a Republican that got us involved in
the costliness war in our history. Wilson tried to avoid war so much that it
hurt us more than going in and kicking ass immediately like most Republicans
wanted us to. Roosevelt knew exactly what he was doing and yes IMHO he put
us in the position to be attacked and hurt deeply by Japan intentionally so
he could have an excuse to attack Germany. He should have ignored the polls
and joined in with Britain back in '39 but an election was coming up and
most would not support a war with Germany at that time. Quite frankly Major,
blind faith in any political party is just foolish at best. While I
personally believe that the Republicans fit my ideas better than the
Democratic platform not all Reps are good and not all Dems are bad. Open
your eyes and think for yourself. End of political rant and lets try to keep
the politicians out of cruising as much as possible.
Jim

"Major" wrote in message
Tom & Linda wrote:

Sounds an awful lot like what happened in Vietnam, doesn't it?

In Viet Nam, the Democrat President got us foolishly involved, and
another was unwilling to win. We aren't currently crippled by such
foreign policy morons.

Why is it that since WWII, the Democrats manage to lose all the wars
they start?

Old September 17th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Jim

Excuse me? You mean those folks that speak Spanish and wave Cuban flags and
identify themselves as "Cuban" and not American?
Jim

"Major" wrote in message
Tom & Linda wrote:

Only in Cuba's case there is a HUGELY POWERFUL Cuban voting block in
South Florida that stays vehemently opposed to Fidel.

Don't you hate it when free American speak their mind?