Travelocity/Princess

Old September 14th, 2005, 12:37 AM
DJC

Default Travelocity/Princess

We are booked on the Star Princess for October 16. Bookings were made with
Travelocity. We booked an outside stateroom on the Emerald Deck and had
room 209 - one of a few not obscured by a lifeboat. Now when we get our
confirmation we are moved to 215 which is blocked. The agent we spoke to
had to call Princess directly that evening since Travelocity was having
computer trouble so the room should have been reserved. We paid with a VISA
and there was no trouble there. What can we do?

Old September 14th, 2005, 12:46 AM

Does your cruise invoice state that you are booked in room 209?

John

Old September 14th, 2005, 01:29 AM
How B

DJC wrote:
We are booked on the Star Princess for October 16. Bookings were made with
Travelocity. We booked an outside stateroom on the Emerald Deck and had
room 209 - one of a few not obscured by a lifeboat. Now when we get our
confirmation we are moved to 215 which is blocked. The agent we spoke to
had to call Princess directly that evening since Travelocity was having
computer trouble so the room should have been reserved. We paid with a VISA
and there was no trouble there. What can we do?

Enjoy your trip in E215

Seriously, it's probably fully booked at this point. And, you're in the
penalty time frame for canceling. You might get Travelocity to cancel
and give you a full refund, based on them telling you one thing and
delivering another, but then what would you do?

Most web sites are showing that cruise as sold out. www.i-cruise.com
still has Emerald Deck cat. F cabins available for $720, but it's a
guarantee fare. You might end up with something even less desirable
than E215.

How B

Old September 14th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:37:54 GMT, "DJC"
wrote:

What can we do?

Hi,

I don't know that you can do anything now. May I suggest next time
you book a cruise to demand to get a copy of the Princess invoice from
a travel agency. In that way, you will see your cabin number and have
proof of what you purchased. There is no reason for a travel agency
not to give you this type of documentation. The cruise lines provide
a client copy for this purpose to travel agencies. I hope you don't
let this ruin your cruise.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old September 14th, 2005, 02:08 AM
BillD

We are on the same cruise in Cabin: L229
Bill + Deb Dwyer if you want to say hello.

Our agent is pretty sharp and so far she has always been able to match
any online prices. Since we are happy where we are she locks our cabin
against upgrade.
Maybe you have a chance if they have upgraded someone and not notified
them and thenyou could get their room

Old September 14th, 2005, 08:21 PM
DJC

Princess put us back in 209 with a phone call.

Bill and Deb: we will likely look you up. We are first time cruisers,
travelling as a one couple (not several couples), we are not even sure about
dining so we chose the early sitting - table for 2. Maybe we will gain some
experience for our next cruise.

Old September 14th, 2005, 09:48 PM
BillD

We are wait listed at 41 for the early seating. We requested a large 8
table. We like to make new friends.

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:21:34 GMT, "DJC"
wrote:

Princess put us back in 209 with a phone call.

Bill and Deb: we will likely look you up. We are first time cruisers,
travelling as a one couple (not several couples), we are not even sure about
dining so we chose the early sitting - table for 2. Maybe we will gain some
experience for our next cruise.

.. .