RTW which countries when?

Old December 29th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Andy

Default RTW which countries when?

Can anyone help with my itinerary for a 12 month RTW trip starting on the
1st May 2004, these are the countries which I want to visit, I've tried to
put them in an order to get the best weather in each country. I will be
travelling on a Star Alliance ticket covering 39,000 miles over the 12
months with a maximum 15 stops. Are there any changes you would make and am
I spending about the right amount of time in each country.

Indonesia - 8 weeks in May and June
Thailand - 8 weeks in July and August
Singapore - 1 week in September
Malaysia - 2 week in September
Cambodia - 1 week in September
Vietnam - 2 week in October
Laos - 1 week in October
Hong Kong - 1 week in October
China - 3 weeks in November
Japan - 1 week in November
India - 10 weeks in December, January and February
Australia - 10 weeks in February and March
America - 4 weeks in April

Thanks for your help

Andy

Old December 29th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Turby

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:33:51 -0000, "Andy" wrote:

Can anyone help with my itinerary for a 12 month RTW trip

Indonesia - 8 weeks in May and June
Thailand - 8 weeks in July and August
Singapore - 1 week in September

3 days is enough

Malaysia - 2 week in September
Cambodia - 1 week in September
Vietnam - 2 week in October
Laos - 1 week in October

Kinda "whirlwind", but doable.

Hong Kong - 1 week in October
China - 3 weeks in November

Just enough time to do Guangzhou & Guilin.

Japan - 1 week in November
India - 10 weeks in December, January and February
Australia - 10 weeks in February and March

I'd spend more time in Japan or SEA than here.

America - 4 weeks in April

I'd skip America on this trip. My feeling on a RTW trip is to spend
the time on places you'll never see again. America is so easy to get
to, and so easy to travel through, that you can do it (& appreciate
it) when you're 80 years old. Traveling through SEA at old age would
be very difficult.

I think I'd toss in a Pacific Island or two. Fiji is wonderful, as is
French Polynesia.

Turby the Turbosurfer
Old December 30th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Turby

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:33:51 -0000, "Andy" wrote:

Can anyone help with my itinerary for a 12 month RTW trip starting on the
1st May 2004, these are the countries which I want to visit, I've tried to
put them in an order to get the best weather in each country.

On second thought, I wouldn't worry so much about weather. Monsoon
season in Asia is actually a neat experience. Unless you run into a
typhoon, weather isn't usually a problem. I'd try to hit the great
festivals, like the water festivals in SEA, or some of the outrageous
Indian festivals. (IIRC, Feb is a good time to be in the Himalayas,
though.)

Turby the Turbosurfer
Old January 11th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Aitor

[...]

Cronological order? I think you can do the same countries moving quite
less
Old February 14th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Marcus Lee

On 2003-12-29 13:33:51 -0500, "Andy" said:

[...]

Where are you starting from? Skip the USA if you live there already.
The iternary looks very "samey" - what about Africa? How about UAE
(neutral Arab country)? A Europe stop? Can't forget about New Zealand.
Technically I restart my Star Alliance RTW trip August heading to
Auckland first...

Marcus

Old February 16th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Wilson Foo

Greetings!

My advise will be shorten your trip in Singapore, as this little island can
be covered smoothly in 5 days.

As much as Indonesia and Thailand is big, you might wonder if a total of 16
weeks is too long a stay? Even though you can live like a King there with
everything cheaply priced. What might also be useful is to have a
trustworthy guide/recommendation? If not, save the money on expenses and
spend it in Japan.