Cruises:Then and now

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

Default Cruises:Then and now

On Mar 23, 5:09*pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
BOB or MARY
We agree with you,after 47 cruises we have found service to have gone
way-way down.

I'm curious. You're constantly complaining about your cruises. Why do
you
continue to go?

Warren
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

I agree,the noordam,princess,and other holland america ships have places
to sit on promenade deck,but the much larger ships do not.
Although on the ncl majesty the only place to sit was on the upper most
deck,and they had very few lounge chairs,there was lots of space on the
promenade deck,but you were not permitted to put a loung there,we did
once,but next day they were gone.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 24th, 2009, 01:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

I do not always complain about our cruises,but once in a while there is
a lot to be desired,i am weeding out the ships we do not like,but will
continue to sail princess,hal,and celebrity,and maybe if price is right
carnival,but never ncl

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 24th, 2009, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Mar 23, 9:06*pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
I agree,the noordam,princess,and other holland america ships have places
to sit on promenade deck,but the much larger ships do not.

You're wrong.

Old March 24th, 2009, 03:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Surfer E2468 wrote:
I agree,the noordam,princess,and other holland america ships have places
to sit on promenade deck,but the much larger ships do not.

Annie, the Crown Princess that Warren mentions is one of the larger
ships and it does have seating on the promenade deck. I believe the
only thing bigger then the Crown/Emerald/Ruby Princess is the freedom
class of ships.

sue
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Surfer E2468 wrote:
I agree,the noordam,princess,and other holland america ships have places
to sit on promenade deck,but the much larger ships do not.

Annie, the Crown Princess that Warren mentions is one of the larger ships
and it does have seating on the promenade deck. I believe the only thing
bigger then the Crown/Emerald/Ruby Princess is the freedom class of ships.

sue

I believe that Voyager class are all bigger... and so is the Queen Mary 2.

--Tom

Old March 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:03:10 -0700 (PDT), Warren wrote:

On Mar 23, 5:09*pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
BOB or MARY
We agree with you,after 47 cruises we have found service to have gone
way-way down.

I'm curious. You're constantly complaining about your cruises. Why do
you
continue to go?

Warren

For the same reason you seek out male company.

Obsession.
--
Think first! Before you book a cruise from a two bit lying sleazeball
who uses Usenet as free SPAMADVERTISING ground and for purposeful
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tom K wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Surfer E2468 wrote:
I agree,the noordam,princess,and other holland america ships have places
to sit on promenade deck,but the much larger ships do not.

Annie, the Crown Princess that Warren mentions is one of the larger ships
and it does have seating on the promenade deck. I believe the only thing
bigger then the Crown/Emerald/Ruby Princess is the freedom class of ships.

sue

I believe that Voyager class are all bigger... and so is the Queen Mary 2.

QM2 I didn't even think about, but I seem to remember the Crown class
being the largest afloat untill the Freedom came along. If you have
time, would you check this out for us. I would really like to know, but
don't have time today.

sue
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Mar 23, 5:14�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
Have not found the cabin sizes to be getting larger,we still prefer the
smaller ships,at least you could sit on the promenade deck and enjoy
looking out to sea. That is a lost art on the new larger ships.

� � � � � cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

On the Big FREEDOM and LIBERTY Royal Caribbean Line You could sit on
the Deck and watch the Sea
And its a fact that Cabin Sizes are larger now then it was back
then...

Service.. well that is NOT the same and never will be.... there is SO
many more ships now and why would these people want to work for these
wages when their dollar is trongwer then ours now and can stay in
their home country in Europe making more? you will get the lesser
affluent then us countries still onboard, but they can not put them
through the rigorous training as they need too many of them, So it tis
what it Tis....
I remember when the woman were served first! LOL!

Susette
Cruiseoutlets and travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
856 853 9515
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Mar 23, 6:55�pm, Charles wrote:
In article
,

Susette wrote:
and he could always order room service to get what he would like 10
slices of pizza if he wanted...
and actually the cabin sizes hae got larger not smaller on ships..
Look at MOnarch and then Freedom....

That is true about room service.

My first cruise was on the Monarch of the Seas in the 1990's and my
cabin was tiny on that ship. Could not even put the beds together. My
last cruise this past December was on the much newer Freedom of the
Seas and the cabin was a good bit larger on the Freedom than on
Monarch. The service on Freedom was pretty good too. Not any less than
on that first cruise except the wine stewards are gone. I miss them.

--
Charles

Yeah I miss the guy going around with the shooters of the day...
USe to be fun!
Just do not have the servers that once was....
the food was also good on the Freedom. about 4 or 5 years ago the food
was really getting to be not so good, But I think since then RCCL at
least, has brought some of the flavors back and I think in changing
the Menu around it is better-