Cheap air fares within Aus

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Anonymous

Default LOTR locations

I spent an hour or two in a lakeside spot on the road between
Queenstown and Glenorchie. I remember thinking that it was strange
that the bit of structure along the lakeside was granite as (AFAIK)
there isn't any granite native to NZ. I had assumed the property
belonged to some rich git who could afford to import big pieces of
granite, but when I saw LOTR/Fellowship, some angles of the scene
where Boromir gets killed looked a lot like this spot.
I'd been in NZ on extended motorcycle tour (several months) ran into
LOTR filming crews in a couple of spots - but this one was right by
the road and close to Q'town.
Maybe I'm wrong - but if you go the rest of the way down that road you
can see some of the places Willow was filmed and it's a *really* good
motorcycling road :-)
Bob

On 21 Aug 2003 00:33:38 -0700, (Switch) wrote:

I'm looking for some specific Lord of the Rings locations, because I
want to visit the exact locations where the scenes were filmed. On

the
net I can only find the general indications were the Hobbiton,
Lothlorien, Mount Doom,etc were filmed.
Does anybody know a site were I can find photos of the location and
shots from the film? Or can anyone supply me with a map on which

these
exact locations are indicated?
Greetings,

Switch

--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Anonymous

Bob Koure wrote:
I spent an hour or two in a lakeside spot on the road between
Queenstown and Glenorchie. I remember thinking that it was strange
that the bit of structure along the lakeside was granite as (AFAIK)
there isn't any granite native to NZ.

You assume wrong - there is a considerable amount of granite in NZ.
There's
even a town named Granity!

Schist is more common in that area though.

--
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Anonymous

There is a book I saw for sale in NZ that had all of the locations
listed.
Price was about NZ$40 from memory
Traveller
Reservation Heaven