Airline changes flight number - do I need new tickets?

Old September 19th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Evan Hatch

Default Airline changes flight number - do I need new tickets?

Hi All,

I am hoping someone will be able to give me some help.

I bought a ticket on South African Airlines (SAA) about 4 months ago
through Ebookers. The tickets were issued and I got them in the post -
no problem.

Ebookers then emailed me to say that SAA had changed the flight number
on the second flight from SA 123 to SA 126 and the new flight was
leaving 30 minutes later.

My question is: Do I need to have new tickets issued to reflect the
new flight (SA 126) or when I check in and my ticket shows SA 123 will
the computer know that I am due to be on the new flight.

My fear is that I get to the airport and get told I don't have a valid
ticket.

Should I insist that Ebookers reprint the ticket with the new flight
number on, or am I just being neurotic.

Any advice would be much appreciated by those in the industry.

Thanks,

Evan
Old September 20th, 2004, 07:59 AM
F. D. Lewis

"Evan Hatch" wrote in message
om...
I bought a ticket on South African Airlines (SAA) about 4 months ago
through Ebookers.
. . .
Ebookers then emailed me to say that SAA had changed the flight number
on the second flight from SA 123 to SA 126 and the new flight was
leaving 30 minutes later.

My question is: Do I need to have new tickets issued . . .

probably not. the airline should take care of everything at the airport.
by the way, this happens all the time when you book quite far ahead.

if you live in a place where you can call SAA, then do so and ask them.
they'll know for sure.