US security: please remove coat and jackets

Old September 18th, 2004, 08:11 PM
nobody

Mike wrote:
I have always sent my coat through the x-ray anyway.

Difference is that now, you'll need to send your coat AND jacket.
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:11 PM
nobody

Old September 18th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Ned Zeppelin

"nobody" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
I have always sent my coat through the x-ray anyway.

Difference is that now, you'll need to send your coat AND jacket.

Such HORROR. What a repressive, Nazi-like regime we live under!

Old September 18th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Ned Zeppelin

Old September 18th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Ned Zeppelin

Old September 20th, 2004, 01:58 PM
me

Shawn Hearn wrote in message ...
In article , nobody
wrote:

from: http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/09/1095395425.html

##
Beginning next week, all passengers will be required to remove coats for
X-ray checks. Garments include outer wear, athletic warm-up jackets, blazers
and suit jackets. Additionally, the new measures authorize pat-down searches
of passengers selected for secondary screening.

No kidding. I always thought passengers were required to remove
coats for x-ray scanning. I have been traveling three or four times
a year by air for at least 25 years and I always just throw my coat
on the conveyor belt without really thinking about it. Mainly because
I have no need to wear a coat in an airport.

I've been told to do all manner of things. Consistency is non-existent.
I've been told to leave it on, take it off, empty the pockets
and send it through, put it in a bin, don't put it in one. You name
it, they've probably instructed me to do it. The only thing I
haven't been asked to do is go through the darn x-ray myself.