(talesofasia) Thailand to Cambodia bus ticket scam

Old November 15th, 2004, 01:43 PM
WhiteShiva

"Michael Christoffersen" wrote in
message ...

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
om...
"Michael Christoffersen" wrote
in message ...
"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
Alfred Molon writes:

A problem is the attitude of backpackers who arrive in Thailand
(or
other developing countries) and expect to pay almost nothing
for
everything and are proud when they manage to drive down prices
below
economical levels, without realising that the people who
provide the
service also have to make a living.

Exactly. Thailand is one of the worst places for that sort of
people,
KS road one of the most disgusting places in Asia.

Seems like a lot of thais disagree with you on that.

How is that?

An increasing number of young hip thais seem to take a fancy to
this area
much more so than in the past when just about the only thais you`d
spot in
this area were the ones working there.

Now the only ones you spot are the ones trying to sell drugs to the
backpackers. Khao San Road is *NOT* popular among Thai. Most look
at
it like a disease they are forced to live with.

You are out of touch.

Please Michael - no need to state the bloody obvious, is it?

And please don`t tell me what kind of people I spot.
KSR *IS* popular with "young hip thais" who are out to have a good
time or to do people watching.

I second that - I would actually go so far as to say that the majority
of visitors to KSR (at least on weekends) are Thais.
Some great bars down there, and judging from some of the cars and
motorbikes parked in the vicinity, not exclusively for
backpackers.....

You should try to get out of lower Suk some time!

Personally, I'd rather he stayed put down there in the Nana area. It
is where "experts" like him belong...... :-)

Trond

Old November 15th, 2004, 11:44 PM
BigHock

"WhiteShiva" wrote in message news:cnac37

Personally, I'd rather he stayed put down there in the Nana area. It
is where "experts" like him belong...... :-)

Bwahahaahhahahaa!!!!!!!!

I ****ed Tchiowa's wife in the Lek Hotel, Pattaya....

Trond

Old November 16th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Yamamoto

"WhiteShiva" wrote in message

| "Michael Christoffersen" wrote in
| message ...
|
| "Tchiowa" wrote in message
| om...
| "Michael Christoffersen" wrote
| in message ...
| "Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
| Alfred Molon writes:
|

| A problem is the attitude of backpackers who arrive in Thailand
| (or
| other developing countries) and expect to pay almost nothing
| for
| everything and are proud when they manage to drive down prices
| below
| economical levels, without realising that the people who
| provide the
| service also have to make a living.
|
| Exactly. Thailand is one of the worst places for that sort of
| people,
| KS road one of the most disgusting places in Asia.
|

| Seems like a lot of thais disagree with you on that.
|
| How is that?
|
| An increasing number of young hip thais seem to take a fancy to
| this area
| much more so than in the past when just about the only thais you`d
| spot in
| this area were the ones working there.
|
| Now the only ones you spot are the ones trying to sell drugs to the
| backpackers. Khao San Road is *NOT* popular among Thai. Most look
| at
| it like a disease they are forced to live with.
|
| You are out of touch.
|
| Please Michael - no need to state the bloody obvious, is it?
|
| And please don`t tell me what kind of people I spot.
| KSR *IS* popular with "young hip thais" who are out to have a good
| time or to do people watching.
|
| I second that - I would actually go so far as to say that the majority
| of visitors to KSR (at least on weekends) are Thais.
| Some great bars down there, and judging from some of the cars and
| motorbikes parked in the vicinity, not exclusively for
| backpackers.....
|
| You should try to get out of lower Suk some time!
|
| Personally, I'd rather he stayed put down there in the Nana area. It
| is where "experts" like him belong...... :-)
|
| Trond

Tchiowa only really belongs in Cyberspace like SCT and others groups.
Outside cyberspace there is nobody who listen to him.
Not even his wife.
Didn't he wrote some time ago: "everytime I am in Thailand, my wife has
mens"?
And that after pumping every month 30,000 Baht and one rusty buffalo in the
Chaiyaphum economy.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Carlos

Old November 16th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Yamamoto

Old November 19th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Karl Jacob

I was in Khaosan about 4 weeks ago on a saturday.
It was crowded as usual on weekends.
At 1 oīclock most places have to close.
Got damn crowded at the road then.
Many drunken ppl.
First fight started between about 5 local indian boys and 2 farang kids.
The farangs could run away.
Quite some tension remains.
Then I saw 2 thai groups starting a confrontation.
That kind of schoolkid thai guys who are allways up to troubles.
That old fights between schools.
My gf saw it too.
We know what it means
We reacted a bit slow.
We were out and relaxed, I had quite some drinks.
We started to run as all other ppl started to run.
The fight started.
Knifes, sticks, some guys broke bottles.
About 50 ppl fighting now, some young farangs too,
but mainly that ****ty thai schoolboys.
We were damn lucky, cause the road was so crowded
cause of the damn 1 oīclock closing.
Pity that that asshole taksin has not to go out like normal ppl do.
Anyway, we made it into mcdonalds, which is protected by guards.
15 minutes later the road war cleared by ****loads of police.
From everything.
Not one street vendor was left.
Nothing on any news the next day, so nobody died or was seriously insured I
guess.
We sweared never to come back.
It felt like beeing on RCA a few years ago at the wrong time at weekends.
Well, a few days later we were back.
My favourite watering hole is there.
I donīt like Khaosan.
But I donīt like many things.
Gullivers in Khaosan for example.
Could be an acceptable place.
But pestered with unbelievable weird whores.
I donīt mind whores.
Many places without whores can be horribly boring.
Itīs thailand, itīs Bkk.
But that Khaosan kind of whores are out of everything.
It has become a weird place.

Karl