Trip Report - SDF-DTW-AMS-BCN-MAD-JFK-CVG-SDF

Old November 13th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Bob Myers

Default Shoe Nazis / TSA harassment

"None" wrote in message
nk.net...
Because 60 is the magic age when senility begins to set in. It's also the
age when the memory starts to go, motor skills are not as sharp, and quite
frankly, I don't like old people telling everyone else what to do just
because they think age equals knowledge . . . because in the case of
politicians, it clearly does not.

In a word, bull****. 60 is no more the "magic age when
senility begins to set in" (or anything else you said) than 18 or 21
is the "magic age" when you're suddenly responsible enough to
handle alcohol. If you think life is as clear-cut as that, you are in
for some HUGE surprises.

I have known 85-year-olds who were among the sharpest, most
intelligent people I'd ever met - and I have also known 25, 35 or
45-year-olds that I wouldn't trust to tie their own shoelaces without
clear directions and a team of assistants. Neither age OR youth means
a damned thing when it comes to capabilities, except in very broad,
statistical terms. And you really SHOULD know what a stupid thing
it is to try to apply statistics to individual cases.

Bob M.