Koh Tao Diving

Old November 17th, 2003, 10:30 PM
PrOnG

Default Koh Tao Diving

I am torn between two Diving companies on Koh Tao, 1) Buddha View 2) Big
Blue Diving

Both sound good.

Anyone any experience of either of these????

Any replies appreciated.

Fanks.

Old November 18th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Vinnie

"PrOnG" wrote in message ws.com...
I am torn between two Diving companies on Koh Tao, 1) Buddha View 2) Big
Blue Diving

Both sound good.

Anyone any experience of either of these????

Any replies appreciated.

Fanks.

Buddha View is excellent. I know their course directors, Guy
Corsellis and Mark Soworka, and a friend of mine just did his
divemaster internship/OW Instructor training there. Based on what he
describes, their teaching standards are top notch.

Big Blue also has a good reputation, although I dont have too much
first-hand info about them.

As for the diving, I was less than impressed with the diving in Koh
Tao. Good place to get certified for cheap, but the sites arent that
good, and I dont particularly like cattleboat diving. YMMV.
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:15 AM
chilly

"Vinnie" wrote in message
om...
"PrOnG" wrote in message

ws.com...
(snip)
As for the diving, I was less than impressed with the diving in Koh
Tao. Good place to get certified for cheap, but the sites arent that
good, and I dont particularly like cattleboat diving. YMMV.

I agree with this. However, Vinnie, where would you recommend this person
go for better sites, smaller boats and still achieve his objective?

Old November 18th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Kit

I would avoid both these schools. Too big, horribly crowded boats, we
used to make sheep noises at their divers when we overtook their boat!
go for a smaller, friendlier school like Master Divers

Kit
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Alfred Molon

In article ,
says...
we
used to make sheep noises at their divers when we overtook their boat!

What are sheep noises ?
--

Alfred Molon
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Dillon Pyron

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:02:30 GMT, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article ,
says...
we
used to make sheep noises at their divers when we overtook their boat!

What are sheep noises ?

They're really baaaaaaad. Personally, I just moo.

--
dillon

Life is always short, but only you can make it sweet
Old November 19th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Rene R.F. Wildeman

Doesn't it depend on the period you are going? This year I arrived on
Koh Tao and saw crowded ships. Two days after many people left and we
were just a handful on the boat. Personally I always use Easydivers at
Mae Haad.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 09:09 AM
Montecore

chilly ) wrote:
: I agree with this. However, Vinnie, where would you recommend this person
: go for better sites, smaller boats and still achieve his objective?

Hey hey hey, Ms L! How goes? I didnt notice that this was x-posted on
rec.scuba. Have we figured out who won the battle between the forces of
God III and Team Stroke?

Anyhoo, I could *ahem* recommend a certain idyllic location not too far
away, but that'd violate Usenet charters about blatant commercial
self-promotion.

So instead, I'll suggest he try a day in Phuket and visit the King Cruiser
wreck, and then see if he can latch on to some boats visiting Rachna Leiu
(sp?) or Similans or even A******s. Or he could avoid that whole sordid
mess and go dive in Indonesia and Philippines.

--
Vandit Kalia
this space for rent

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:49 PM
chilly

"Montecore" wrote in message
chilly ) wrote:
: I agree with this. However, Vinnie, where would you recommend this

person
: go for better sites, smaller boats and still achieve his objective?

Hey hey hey, Ms L! How goes? I didnt notice that this was x-posted on
rec.scuba. Have we figured out who won the battle between the forces of
God III and Team Stroke?

Team Stroke remains undefeated.

Anyhoo, I could *ahem* recommend a certain idyllic location not too far
away, but that'd violate Usenet charters about blatant commercial
self-promotion.

Not if I ask you straight out, it doesn't. And by the way, I am asking you
straight out because I'll be in SE Asia in April and May. I will be
visiting sister in Singapore and father in Jakarta and am currently
searching for a dive component for my vacation. Something idyllic, with
great diving and a bit of nightlife. Know any place like that, relatively
easy to access from Singapore or Jakarta?
:^)

So instead, I'll suggest he try a day in Phuket and visit the King Cruiser
wreck, and then see if he can latch on to some boats visiting Rachna Leiu
(sp?) or Similans or even A******s. Or he could avoid that whole sordid
mess and go dive in Indonesia and Philippines.

So Vandit . . . where shall I go?

Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:28 AM
Alan Street

In article E5Pvb.461479$6C4.276885@pd7tw1no, chilly
wrote:

"Montecore" wrote in message
chilly ) wrote:
[...]

Enquiring minds, Vandit. We eagerly await your words of wisdom :-)