Hotel in Bangkok

Old December 21st, 2004, 01:19 AM
Sandy Cruden

"martin" wrote in message
i.nl...

"Kristoffer" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
Area: Central to markets,shopping etc
Price: Max USD 150/night
Good pool = nice setting, good possibility for sunbathing, not many
noisy kids :-)

amari watergate

Yes an excellent hotel also, but these days in Bangkok IMHO it is a must to
stay in a hotel on the skytrain line, it makes life so much easier. and can
save a lot of time, especially now that the underground is open as well.

Sandy

Old December 21st, 2004, 01:22 AM
Sandy Cruden

"barramundi" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:40:34 -0800, Kristoffer wrote:

Area: Central to markets,shopping etc
Price: Max USD 150/night
Good pool = nice setting, good possibility for sunbathing, not many
noisy kids :-)

Euhm, it's hard to sunbath in the smog of Bangkok :-)

I liked the pool of the Baiyoke Sky Hotel (Baiyoke 2 Tower) which is on
the 20th floor. The hotel itself is also very nice and clean.

Regards, Barramundi.

Yes also quite a good hotel, close to the Amari Watergate and the popular
Indra Regent but you will be reliant on taxis to go anywhere.

Sandy

Old December 21st, 2004, 01:35 AM
Sandy Cruden

"loikroh" wrote in message

"Kristoffer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Area: Central to markets,shopping etc
Price: Max USD 150/night
Good pool = nice setting, good possibility for sunbathing, not many
noisy kids :-)

I'd stay at the Nana, soi 4 Sukhumvit - pool, def no kids but loads of
other attractions!!!!!!!!!
cheers
LK

*************************************
At US$30 a night including a fair buffet breakfast, nothing wrong with the
good old Nana! One of the most friendly and entertaining lobbies anywhere*If
your broadminded* It's right in the Sukhumvit shopping area and only a 2
minute walk to the Nana skytrain station. The Nana probably has one of the
highest occupancy rates of any hotel in the world @ 100% A lot of Western
couples stay there these days. My sister and her husband stayed there last
month and think it's great.
Sandy

Old December 21st, 2004, 02:00 PM
Kristoffer

Thanks all for your replies. Probably going for the Siam City Hotel.
Cheers,

Old December 21st, 2004, 07:12 PM
loikroh

"Sandy Cruden" wrote in message

"loikroh" wrote in message

[...]

Totally agree - stayed there at least 20 times, including stays with wife
and daughter - they find it almost as entertaining as I do!!

cheers
LK

Old December 21st, 2004, 07:14 PM
Markku Grönroos

"loikroh" kirjoitti viestissä

"loikroh" wrote in message

[...]

What makes the hotel so entertaining then?

Old December 21st, 2004, 09:56 PM
Chris Blunt

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:35:14 +0700, "Sandy Cruden"
wrote:

"loikroh" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I'll add my recommendation for the Asia Hotel, on Phaya Thai Road,
which is just to the north of MBK. It has two swimming pools and is
directly connected to a Skytrain station from the second floor of the
hotel itself.

Most of the guests seem to be from other Asian countries, so the
breakfast buffet has a few interesting dishes other than the standard
western style food.

I paid 1,200 Baht a night for a room there last week.

Chris

Old December 22nd, 2004, 09:25 AM
A Mate

The Patumwan Princess. Right next to MBK shopping centre, and the main
junction on the Skytrain.

Asia Hotels and similar discounters carry it. They also have their own web
site - Google!

"Kristoffer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
Going to Bangkok for a few days in early January and looking for a good
hotel with a GOOD pool. Any ideas which hotels with good location have
the best pools?

Cheers,
Kristoffer