Hotel in Bangkok

Old December 22nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Markku Grönroos

"A Mate" kirjoitti viestissä
The Patumwan Princess. Right next to MBK shopping centre, and the main
junction on the Skytrain.

Asia Hotels and similar discounters carry it. They also have their own web
site - Google!

In the web one typically gets much better deals from brokers than directly
from the hotel.

Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:51 AM
Viviane

I have several times found better or the same deal from the hotel's site.
Maybe I'm lucky or I've been trying the wrong brokers. Can you recommend
any?

Old December 23rd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Viviane" kirjoitti viestissä
I have several times found better or the same deal from the hotel's site.
Maybe I'm lucky or I've been trying the wrong brokers. Can you recommend
any?

I have almost every time experienced the opposite (not that I have made any
exhaustive research on the subject). I have typically used the "Planet
Holiday" portal. They have very competitive fares and they have the 24h
online chat facility (more and more common in these days naturally). The
actual billing is done (you are directed there automatically) in the
"Precision Reservations" portal.
As an example I can tell that I have recently made a reservation for
Radisson Bangkok hotel in next June. A "superior" room with breakfast all
taxes and service fees included, I prepaid US$50 for a night.

At http://www.radisson.bangkok.com/ pages one can make a reservation by
equal terms for the same dates. It costs 2190 bahts which equals to around
US$56 (an estimate given by the hotel). So the difference is not anything
very much. The latter price is 112% of the first price (when dollarwise fees
are charged as stated). It is common that the difference is a lot more
meaningful in the agents' favour.

Old December 23rd, 2004, 05:38 PM
Chris Blunt

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:51:45 +1100, "Viviane"
wrote:

I have several times found better or the same deal from the hotel's site.
Maybe I'm lucky or I've been trying the wrong brokers. Can you recommend
any?

It does vary from one hotel to another, depending on the hotel's
marketing policy. At one particular hotel I regularly stay at in
Bangkok the lowest rates are only available via travel agents or
internet booking services. I once needed to extend my stay in that
hotel and the front desk staff told me that if I wanted to get the
same rate again I'd have to request it through the same agent I
originally used. (www.asiatravel.com)

Chris

Old January 8th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Kristoffer

Update on hotel in Bangkok: I am writing this from the Siam City Hotel.
If you are looking for a hotel with a good pool, DO NOT SAY HERE THEN.
The pool must be the only one in Asia that is constantly in the
shade... ! Too bad I chose this hotel :-(

Old January 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Miguel Cruz

So can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced hotel in Bangkok with in-room
internet (wired or wireless)? Thanks.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu

Old January 9th, 2005, 12:35 PM
WhiteShiva

"Kristoffer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Update on hotel in Bangkok: I am writing this from the Siam City
Hotel.
If you are looking for a hotel with a good pool, DO NOT SAY HERE
THEN.
The pool must be the only one in Asia that is constantly in the
shade... ! Too bad I chose this hotel :-(

Unless it is under a roof, I cannot possible see how it can always be
in the shade.

And why don't you go somewhere else to work on your tan?

Trond