I would like to leave the UK

Old April 23rd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Dot net work

Default I would like to leave the UK

Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Thank you.

-dnw.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Peter Webb

"Dot net work" wrote in message
om...
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Thank you.

-dnw.

Japan
Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
China
Thailand
India
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Sri Lanka

Old April 23rd, 2004, 05:13 PM
Peter L

"Peter Webb" wrote in message
. ..

"Dot net work" wrote in message
om...
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Thank you.

-dnw.

Japan
Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
China
Thailand
India
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Sri Lanka

Are you quite sure a foreigner can set up a business in all of these
countries? I know they'll have some problems in Japan and probably Korea.
And it's tough to find anything "rural" in Hong Kong.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
Peter L

"Peter Webb" wrote in message
. ..

"Dot net work" wrote in message
om...
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Thank you.

-dnw.

Japan
Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
China
Thailand
India
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Sri Lanka

Another thing. The infra structure in many of these countries is probably
not good enough to support an on-line business, say less the rural area.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
Siggy

Check out this link:

http://www.made4u.no/hei.html

Siggy

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:30 PM
Alfred Molon

Dot net work wrote:
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Malaysia. There is a special zone south of KL called Multimedia
Supercorridor where it is relatively uncomplicated to set up an online
company.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and
Portugal
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:05 PM
asiahotelbookings.net

I don't blame you

I could recommend you a 100 and one places but will settle for just
one for the moment. How about..drum roll please.........the island of
Siquior, The Phillipines. Def rural, def beautiful, not to far away
from the more urban Cebu with its cinemas and the like. Its in the
visayas region of the Philipines which is away from the nasty folk who
want to ver throw the government, world etc and the Philippines itself
seems to welcome foreigners in regards to visas etc. Very litle
xenophobia compared to other countries you might be considering. Or
how about....Naw if you look into this and see a reason why not I'll
repost.

Joel

Asia Hotel Bookings and Travel Ezine
www.asiahotelbookings.net
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:54 PM
John W.

Dot net work wrote:
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Would you be looking to license the business in your home country and
simply do the work remotely? What would you do about your visa?

I personally suggest looking into Japan. Osaka, for example, has some
programs for businesses looking to come from abroad and set up there.
But if you don't need a license, go have a chat with the embassy and see
if anything can be done about getting a non-tourist visa. It's difficult
to do without an employer in Japan, but possible.

Reasons for Japan: you can be in a nice, rural place that isn't god
awful expensive but is also close enough to a city (Osaka, Kyoto,
Nagoya, Okayama, and any number of places outside Tokyo) to go there for
the odd weekend excursion or to pick up some of your favorite items from
back home. Only the most rural areas won't have broadband access. Lots
of obstacles, but if you can overcome them then I suggest looking into it.

John W.

Old April 24th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Dieter Aaaa

"Dot net work" schreef in bericht
om...
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Thank you.

-dnw.

Shanghai
is without any doubth the best choice in China
climate, acceptance, facilities,...
LAN connection 6 EUR/month
appartment 120 m2 kitchen, living room, bathroom,.. 2 bedrooms 500
EUR/month
But a licence for your own car: 3000 EUR (approx)