I would like to leave the UK

Old April 24th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Tchiowa

Default I would like to leave the UK

"Peter Webb" wrote in message ...
"Dot net work" wrote in message
om...
Hello.

I am from the UK, and wish to leave.

Could someone recommend a safe country anywhere in Asia for me to set
up a very small online business? I would love to be somewhere rural.

Thank you.

-dnw.

Japan
Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
China
Thailand
India
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Sri Lanka

He can't set up a business like that in Thailand or Indonesia without
a local partner who owns more than 50%. Don't know about the other
countries.
Old April 24th, 2004, 06:05 AM
CP Dhungana

Default What do you think to stay in Nepal???

Nepal is a small country with multiple cultures, customs, religion but
harmony in religion and customes here is not any clashes in the name
of religion and custome expect ****ing political issues but tourists
feel quite comfort to say in Nepal i have met may english pepople who
are staying in Nepal for long time. One of friend has make up his mind
to stay in Nepal for some years. if you want some assistance from me
feel easy to write me. I know here is easy to run some small business
too.

Regards
cp Dhungana

Old April 24th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Dot net work

Hello again,

Thanks for your replies! I'm researching all suggestions so far by
using the British foreign office www.fco.gov.uk site to get me
started.

About the small online business: I was thinking of setting up
something like mycompany.com on the internet, and just taking it from
there. Would I be allowed to do that?

By "safe", I was hoping to avoid places where crime against westerners
was increasing, such as burglaries and assaults.

-dnw.

Old April 24th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Dieter Aaaa

"Dot net work" schreef in bericht
m...
Hello again,

Thanks for your replies! I'm researching all suggestions so far by
using the British foreign office www.fco.gov.uk site to get me
started.
By "safe", I was hoping to avoid places where crime against westerners
was increasing, such as burglaries and assaults.
-dnw.

On this globe, "safe" is a synonym of "absence of muslims"

Old April 24th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Alfred Molon

"Dieter Aaaa" Dieter "Dieter Aaaa" Dieter
wrote:

On this globe, "safe" is a synonym of "absence of muslims"

Now that's a xenophobic statement. Shame on you.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and
Portugal
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Dieter Aaaa

"Alfred Molon" schreef in bericht
wrote:

On this globe, "safe" is a synonym of "absence of muslims"

Now that's a xenophobic statement. Shame on you.

it's a scientific conclusion, it's not a political statement
It's not my conclusion, it's based on facts and figures

Old April 24th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Dieter Aaaa

"Thomas F. Unke" schreef in bericht
"John W." writes:

I personally suggest looking into Japan. Osaka, for example, has some
programs for businesses looking to come from abroad and set up
there. But if you don't need a license, go have a chat with the embassy
and see if anything can be done about getting a non-tourist visa. It's
difficult to do without an employer in Japan, but possible.

Reasons for Japan: you can be in a nice, rural place that isn't god
awful expensive but is also close enough to a city (Osaka, Kyoto,
Nagoya, Okayama, and any number of places outside Tokyo) to go there for
the odd weekend excursion or to pick up some of your favorite items from
back home. Only the most rural areas won't have broadband access. Lots
of obstacles, but if you can overcome them then I suggest looking into
it.

Not a good indea unless you have personal contacts and speak at least
some of the language.

Reasons:

Japan is extremely bureaucratic. Not easy to open a business for a
foreigner. Then it is very expensive: Just to rent a simple, low
standard flat, will cost you a fortune _before_ you even moved
in. Many landlords don't rent to foreigners anyway: There is wide
spread racism in Japan, which short term visitors often don't notice,
but once you speak the language it can become a nuisance.

True, there is broadband internet almost everywhere, but your business
must make good money to pay for the high living expenses in Japan.

again compared with Shanghai:
There are single-contact business centres, arranging all paperwork for you
to start a business.
for free or at nett cost.
low cost of living
a lot of highly educated people
foreigner friendly, no racism to Europeans
broadband network 6 EUR/month
work permit in 3 hours

but language is a barrier to communicate, not in business but in everyday
life
and watch out for corrupt landlords