Airplane ! versions

Old October 16th, 2005, 07:48 AM
nobody

Default Airplane ! versions

I have seen multiple edits of the "Airplane !" 1980 documentary.

Some of them omit the "hi Jack" scene.

Some of them have the little girl say "I like it black" (refering to
coffee) whereas another edit has her say "I like it black... like my men".

There are versions that show a "no copulating" symbol below the fasten
seat belt symbols.

There are versions that show exposed breasts bouncing up and down like
jello. Some versions have it edited out.

Some versions don't include the the old lady hanging herself , tired of
listening to stryker's love story.

us.imdb.com doesn't mention the differences about the versions and only
lists the movie as 88 minutes.

Does anyone know if the DVD is a compete/uncut version ? Is there a
director's cut version ?

(BTW, the trivia in the imdb database is interesting, but the goofs are
disapointing. The exterior is that of a 707, but cockpit is of a DC-8...
how could they make such a mistake ? :-) :-) :-)
Old October 16th, 2005, 07:53 AM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old October 16th, 2005, 08:54 AM
nobody

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
couldn't find it. It turned out that it was renamed 'Flying High'. Same
movie, different name. I didn't look for it (no reason to) when I
visited Canada, but I'd assume it was under the same distribution as
the US.

Not sure how TV networks get their copies. But I have seen at least 2
different version in Canadian TV.

Tonight's version on the CITY TV network didn't even have the scene of
the pilot's wife in bed with the horse, and also omitted the scene where
the doctor interrupts the flight attendant blowing Otto. (normally, that
scene would be in, even on the version shown in the USA).

And I know that this isn't just this movie. The movie "Peacemakers" with
Nicole Kidman also has multiple versions around.

For a movie such as Airplane ! that is 25 years old, you'd think that a
final "full" movie would be the one TV networks get when the buy it for
that season.

(And I'd love to see the outtakes for this movie !)
Old October 16th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Garner Miller

In article , nobody
wrote:

I have seen multiple edits of the "Airplane !" 1980 documentary....
us.imdb.com doesn't mention the differences about the versions and only
lists the movie as 88 minutes.

Sure it does -- under "Alternate Versions":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/alternateversions

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=