Love Boat Event of the Season!

Old March 26th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Love Boat Event of the Season!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Log On for a Front Row Seat at the Love Boat Event of the Season

Beloved Cast Members Join Festivities Onboard New Caribbean Princess
as Actress Jill Whelan Becomes Both Bride and Godmother in Romantic
Dual Ceremony

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 26
Princess Cruises is set to deliver its first year-round Caribbean ship
next week, and who better to set the tone for the most romantic vessel
to sail the tropics than the crew of the original Love Boat? At 6 pm
on April 2, the line featured in the iconic television show will offer
anyone with internet access a front row seat for a very special
celebration combining the wedding of Jill Whelan, who for nearly a
decade played "Captain Stubing's" daughter, "Vicki," with a
traditional christening ceremony on the top deck the new Caribbean
Princess.

"Combining a wedding with a more traditional naming ceremony seemed a
natural for our new Caribbean 'Love Boat'," said Jan Swartz, senior
vice president of customer service and sales. "And who better to
symbolize the romance of cruising than Jill Whelan, who virtually grew
up on the TV show? Her dual role as both bride and godmother is as
unique as the experience the Caribbean Princess will offer our
passengers in this destination."

Live internet wedding broadcasts are not new for Princess. The line
pioneered "Wed-Cams" with the launch of its first Grand Class vessel
in 1998, allowing couples who opt for seagoing nuptials to share their
special day with friends and family at home. Princess is the only
cruise line able to offer legally binding weddings performed by the
ship's Captain in international waters.

"Generally speaking, one of a bride's most difficult tasks is paring
down her guest list," said Whelan. "I am so excited to be able to
share both of these very special events not only with my family and
friends, but also with Love Boat fans who might be interested in
attending 'virtually.' I get to marry the man I love, and be the
godmother of Caribbean Princess in one fell swoop -- it certainly
sounds like the "Love Boat," doesn't it?"

The dual celebration will be broadcast live online at www.princess.com
from Fort Lauderdale 6-7:30 pm Eastern Time, and will include
commentary from Gavin MacLeod (Captain Stubing) and Bernie Kopell
(Doc) from the show's cast. Highlights of the event will be available
online following the broadcast.

Among Caribbean Princess' many features, there will be plenty of
opportunities for romantic activities, especially with the ship's
unique "Movies Under the Stars," a 300 sq. ft. poolside LED screen
showing evening movies in pre-reserved lounge chairs; private balcony
dining en-suite; a brand new Lotus Spa offering a variety of
treatments created specifically for couples; and Princess' signature
Hearts & Minds wedding chapel. More than 1,000 weddings have taken
place aboard Princess ships since 1998 when the line introduced "Tie
the Knot," the only at-sea wedding program.

Caribbean Princess will sail roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale on a
Western Caribbean itinerary with calls at Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios (or
Montego Bay), Cozumel and Princess Cays, Princess' private island in
the Bahamas. It has an alternating Eastern Caribbean itinerary with
stops in St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cays.

One of the best-known names in North American cruising, Princess
Cruises is a global cruise and tour company. Part of Carnival
Corporation & plc (NYSE: CCL and CUK), its current fleet of 12 ships
sail on approximately 150 different itineraries around the globe,
calling at more than 260 ports on all seven continents. By 2006 a
further three ships will be introduced. Additional information is
available through a professional travel agent.

Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines.
Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts
of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment
to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching
cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.