How long should refunds take?

Old September 14th, 2004, 01:37 AM
kim

Default How long should refunds take?

Hi everyone,

About 6 weeks ago, I booked a cruise on NCL with an online travel agency.
The charge came through on my credit card directly from NCL. I paid an 800
dollar deposit. A week after I booked my cruise, the online travel agent
cancelled it by mistake. After they cancelled me by accident, I found the
same cruise at a better price, so booked with another agency.

The 1st agencies notice states that refunds take up to 8 weeks depending on
the cruiseline. Does NCL normally take 8 weeks? Isn't this an excessive
amount of time to hold my money? What is the industry normal?

KimMCarr

Old September 14th, 2004, 06:49 PM
RayC

kim wrote:
Hi everyone,

About 6 weeks ago, I booked a cruise on NCL with an online travel agency.
The charge came through on my credit card directly from NCL. I paid an 800
dollar deposit. A week after I booked my cruise, the online travel agent
cancelled it by mistake. After they cancelled me by accident, I found the
same cruise at a better price, so booked with another agency.

The 1st agencies notice states that refunds take up to 8 weeks depending on
the cruiseline. Does NCL normally take 8 weeks? Isn't this an excessive
amount of time to hold my money? What is the industry normal?

KimMCarr

My sister in aunt and uncle had a similar problem a couple
of years ago and it also happened to be with NCL. She (my
aunt)waited patiently for eight weeks and didn't get a
refund. At THAT time she quit going through her TA and
called NCL directly. They told her that it could take up to
eight weeks from the date that she formally asked for a
refund and that there was no such request. She finally got
her refund two months later ... a total of four months after
canceling.

Just my $.02

--

Ray Contreras

Old September 14th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Peter Berlin

Refunds normally take 6-8 weeks to reach your credit card statement
depending where it hits in the cycle. Often the refund is on your
account before you know it's there, you just haven't received your
statement yet...

Peter

Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com
Host Agency GGC2005 / http://ggc2005.com

Old September 14th, 2004, 08:39 PM
RayC

Peter Berlin wrote:
Refunds normally take 6-8 weeks to reach your credit card statement
depending where it hits in the cycle. Often the refund is on your
account before you know it's there, you just haven't received your
statement yet...

Peter

Good point!! I haven't relied on my printed statement in a
couple of years. I regularly check my card transactions
online to get a heads up of any problems. I can see and
dispute, if necessary, any charges WAY before my statement
gets to me.

--

Ray Contreras