Car Rentals on Hawaii Cruise

Old September 13th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Ed Wynn

Default Car Rentals on Hawaii Cruise

We are cruising Hawaii aboard the Infinity in early December and would
like to rent a mini-van in each port. Any suggestions for agencies
that have rentals at the terminals or transportation from them to
their offices??

Thanks,

Ed
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Tobie Gerbrandt

Hi Ed,

We rented cars in most of the ports in Hawaii (all but Honolulu) we stopped
at this spring on the Carnival Spirit. Barb found some excellent prices at
Alamo. These prices were only available if prebooked on the internet.

If you went to rent a car after the ship arrived they were about twice the
price. Don't know what will be available when you're going. We found their
shuttle service and rental offices to be very efficient.

Good luck!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old September 13th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Ed Wynn

Thanks for the input Tobie! We do want to pre-book to be sure we get
a mini-van. Have six in our party this time

BTW send me the website where you posted your pics of the Legend of
the Seas. Just got back yesterday, had a great time and would love to
see your pics.

Nice seeing you both in LV recently.

Ed

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:18:42 GMT, "Tobie Gerbrandt"
wrote:

Hi Ed,

We rented cars in most of the ports in Hawaii (all but Honolulu) we stopped
at this spring on the Carnival Spirit. Barb found some excellent prices at
Alamo. These prices were only available if prebooked on the internet.

If you went to rent a car after the ship arrived they were about twice the
price. Don't know what will be available when you're going. We found their
shuttle service and rental offices to be very efficient.

Good luck!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

.. .

Old September 13th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Dick Goldhaber

We rented a car in Honolulu in 1999. At the time we either had to go to the
airport or downtown to pick up the car, and return it to that location. In
addition, if you return to the ship you have to either park the car in a lot
some distance from the ship, or valet park it, which is not inexpensive.

We did not rent in 2003 and some things may have changed since 1999.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

wrote:

Hi Ed,

We rented cars in most of the ports in Hawaii (all but Honolulu) we

stopped
at this spring on the Carnival Spirit. Barb found some excellent prices

at
Alamo. These prices were only available if prebooked on the internet.

If you went to rent a car after the ship arrived they were about twice

the
price. Don't know what will be available when you're going. We found

their
shuttle service and rental offices to be very efficient.

Good luck!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

.. .

Old September 14th, 2004, 11:47 PM
PMM

Hi

"Dick Goldfaber" wrote in
message
news:ZGlja2dvbGQ=.7d9d4d8ae2da1ad1142f907a741a00c4 @1095110594.nulluser.com...

I can't help you with your question about Infinity, since we have
never sailed on her, but my daughter and I go to Hawaii every year on
Holland America and even though we have never rented a car there, we
see a lot of people doing so. We always stay in a cat S Suite on
Holland America, so if we were to rent a car, I know that we would get
excellent service from it. My daughter has Hilda the wonder dog, a
seeing eye assistance dog who helps me to drive. Have you checked with
your travel agent yet. Travel agents are the best when it comes to
making arrangements for things like rental cars and cruises. I've been
cruising for almost 40 years now and we never rent a car. I hope this
has been helpful.

DG in Cherry Hills, NJunk
ojunk

Ed Wynn wrote:

We are cruising Hawaii aboard the Infinity in early December and

would
like to rent a mini-van in each port. Any suggestions for agencies
that have rentals at the terminals or transportation from them to
their offices??

Thanks,

Ed

Go to Expedia or Travelocity and plug in where you want the car. I found
the prices fairly good the last few times for Hawaiian rentals. Then you
check the car rental web site for their prices and pick the best one.

PMM