Did I make a mistake with this group?

Old September 14th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Pan

Default Did I make a mistake with this group?

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:00:32 +0200, Sheherazade
wrote:

[snip]
And, yes, I have visited uzbek official www sites, but
what I was looking for was personal experience. But evidently few people
go to Uzbekistan.

[snip]

I think that's right. But I hope you post about your experiences after
you go. I've long had the fantasy of visiting Samarkand and Bukhara
and seeing the beautiful mosques there.

I also would like to visit Iran someday. Did you visit Isfahan? I flew
over Iran on my way to Malaysia this summer. It looked starkly
beautiful from the air. Isfahan looked great from the air, and I've
also seen pictures which looked gorgeous. Did you find your trip to
Iran worthwhile? How were you received?

Ciao.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old September 14th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Sheherazade

Pan wrote:

I also would like to visit Iran someday.

Go immediately (I mean, with the good season, not in summer if possible)

Did you visit Isfahan?

Twice. One of the most fascinating experiences in my life. I prefer it
to Florence, and I am italian, lived in Florence for 5 years...

Did you find your trip to Iran worthwhile? How were you received?

I went there twice and will surely go again, since it is a huge country
and there are lots and lots of places and things to see. On of the most
friendly populations in the world. Very easy to travel by plane, bus or
taxi. The only problem can possibily be the time it takes to get the
visa.
Ciao
Old September 14th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Sheherazade

In article ,
"Anette" wrote:

I didn't mean you had to buy the book or anything!!!!

Sure, sure, Annette, excuse me. I was joking (not about the awful Lonely
Planet Guide to Iran...). And thanks again for your answer
Old September 14th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Sheherazade

(Miguel Cruz) wrote:

You can get historical weather data at
www.worldclimate.com

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/ca...s.cfm?catid=13

Very useful. Many, many thanks
Old September 14th, 2003, 03:59 PM
John W.

Sheherazade wrote:
Many thanks to all of you. I'd rather die than travelling again with a
Lonely Planet Guide. Did it twice in Iran. Do not know what saved me.
God, possibly. And, yes, I have visited uzbek official www sites, but
what I was looking for was personal experience. But evidently few people
go to Uzbekistan.
In any case, really, many thanks for your kindness. Ciao from Italy

Check www.kto.co.jp. This is the Website for Kansai Time Out, an
excellent English magazine in Japan. They often have articles from the
greater Asian region, so search their archives. I know they had one on
Kazhakstan (sp), and very likely they have one on Uzbekistan as well.

John W.

Old September 16th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Sheherazade

In article ,
Thomas F. Unke wrote:

The only problem can possibily be the time it takes to get the
visa.

How long did that take? Where di you get it? I'm also planning to go
there in the near future.

From the local consulate obviously. About 1 week in my country (Italy,
having an "invitation" from there, which means a friend or a travel
agency). Cannot know about your country, which seems to be Germany. If
so, it should be the same as here, I think.