Maiden voyage, any perks or downsides?

Old November 10th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Queen of Cruising

Default Maiden voyage, any perks or downsides?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:30:15 GMT, "Robin"
wrote:

We also wonder if formal nights on a ship's maiden voyage are a bit more
formal than usual? Is the tuxedo to suit ratio higher?

LOL

T-S ratio.

LOL
Old November 10th, 2003, 06:57 PM
BRENTSTELL

I will be on the Mariner of the Seas sailing November 16.2003. I will give a
report on it when i return.

A ships maiden voyage is normaly the 1st cruise with passengers.

Many cruise lines have high producing travel agents do 2 or 3 night sailings
before this. These are black tie.

I do not have a Tuxedo. I use a nice blue blazer or a White dinner jacket.

( You do what makes you happy. It's your cruise.)

There will be a lot of tuxedos and suits and ties.

The Mariner will be my 133 cruise.

I am also booked on the Carnival Miracle on February 27, 2004 Maiden voyage.
Also the Carnival Legend on March 20, 2004.

Hey it's part of my job, and somebody has to do it. LOL

A maiden voyage can have problems, Some service issues, some equipment
problems. As long as you do not expect perfection, you should be fine. I have
been on 30 to 40 of them.

Brent
Old November 11th, 2003, 12:25 AM
D Ball

Did you say 133? That's amazing.

I will look forward to your Mariner's maiden voyage report. It will be interesting
to see if anything Wows! you after so many cruises....

Diana Ball