I need to send CD and DVD to overseas from Bangkok. How bad is Thai Post service?

Old August 18th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Just a traveler

Default I need to send CD and DVD to overseas from Bangkok. How bad is Thai Post service?

I heard of many negative responses regarding Thai post service and in
the past I did find that sending small packets to Bangkok sometimes
got lost..

And now I'm in Bangkok and will stay here for 2 months. I need to send
CD (Thai music) and maybe some Thai film DVD as well, to overseas. I'm
so worry about the reliability of Thai post service... by the way, I
don't want to pay big $$$ to use third party company such as DHL..
since the cost of a Thai CD only US$5. There will be no more than 2 CD
in one packet.

Would it be better if I post my items at General Post Office (the one
in Charoen Krung Road)? any other suggestion?

Thank you
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:06 AM
catougn

Would it be better if I post my items at General Post Office (the one
in Charoen Krung Road)? any other suggestion?

Post it. No problem. I've received many envelopes with cds from Bkk.I
live in Greece.

Old August 18th, 2004, 10:52 AM
O K

My mother in law sends on regular basis different items with Thai Post
from Patumthani to Germany. We receive packages from her about twice a
month. Sending from Germany to Thailand worked also fine, never had any
problem up to now. Though we never tried to send/receive any CDs with
the post.

Only once we received a note from the custom office in our town to
explain the content of the package: my mom in law has sent us some
dieting pills for a friend of mine. Bad thing was that those pills were
packed in a hospital in Thailand into plastic bags with the names of
medicine written in thai with a pen on it. The custom office couldn't
identify them clearly. Furthermore even if they could - the pills
contained chemical substance and such needed a prescription in Germany.
The result was that the whole content of the package except for pills
was given to us but the pills were sent back to Thailand.

O.K.

Old August 19th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Ian

Just a traveler wrote:

I heard of many negative responses regarding Thai post service and in
the past I did find that sending small packets to Bangkok sometimes
got lost..

And now I'm in Bangkok and will stay here for 2 months. I need to send
CD (Thai music) and maybe some Thai film DVD as well, to overseas. I'm
so worry about the reliability of Thai post service... by the way, I
don't want to pay big $$$ to use third party company such as DHL..
since the cost of a Thai CD only US$5. There will be no more than 2 CD
in one packet.

Would it be better if I post my items at General Post Office (the one
in Charoen Krung Road)? any other suggestion?

Thank you

I posted two lots of CDs from the General Post Office last year, and
both arrived on time, with no problems at all.

Ian

Old August 20th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Mr. Free Notes

Thai Postal Service is OK. Used it three or four times. Items arrived in
good shape.

Mr. Free Notes
http://www.thelinksociety.com/

om...