Dolphia enounter -- Freeport vs Nassau

Old September 1st, 2004, 11:43 AM
Jeffro

Default Dolphia enounter -- Freeport vs Nassau

Will be taking a cruise out of Jacksonville in Nov. Both ports we stop at;
Freeport & Nassau both have a dolphin encounter as one of their shore
excursions.
Having never had the pleasure of a dolphin encounter, wanted to know if
Freeport or Nassau had the better dolphin encounter?

Thanks

Old September 12th, 2004, 06:50 PM
kristinek

Hi.
We just got back from a Carnival cruise in August and we went on the
dolphin encounter in Freeport.
It was absolutely wonderful!
The dolphin trainer was funny and very knowlegeable and the dolphin kissed
everyone on the cheek! You could take your own pictures, and they also
took pictures of the dolphin kissing your cheek that you could purchase
back at the shop when you got back.
We have wonderful memories of this day and would reccomend it to anyone.

Old September 12th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"kristinek" wrote in message
lkabouttravelling.com...
Hi.
We just got back from a Carnival cruise in August and we went on the
dolphin encounter in Freeport.
It was absolutely wonderful!
The dolphin trainer was funny and very knowlegeable and the dolphin kissed
everyone on the cheek! You could take your own pictures, and they also
took pictures of the dolphin kissing your cheek that you could purchase
back at the shop when you got back.
We have wonderful memories of this day and would reccomend it to anyone.

If only you knew the truth about these dolphin pens, you'd never visit one
again...

Old September 12th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Brian K

On 09/12/2004 3:14 PM Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

"kristinek" wrote in message
alkabouttravelling.com...

Hi.
We just got back from a Carnival cruise in August and we went on the
dolphin encounter in Freeport.
It was absolutely wonderful!
The dolphin trainer was funny and very knowlegeable and the dolphin kissed
everyone on the cheek! You could take your own pictures, and they also
took pictures of the dolphin kissing your cheek that you could purchase
back at the shop when you got back.
We have wonderful memories of this day and would reccomend it to anyone.

If only you knew the truth about these dolphin pens, you'd never visit one
again...

The really exciting thing is a wild dolphin encounter. Nobody's feeding
these dolphins any fish for them to show an interest in you. If they
do, it's a real gift. My best experience was a wild dolphin encounter
out of Key West Florida. Seriously, I think the wild dolphins laugh at
us clumsy-warmbloods. I truly suspect that wild dolphins have been
conducting experiments on us for years, trying to figure us out. They
can't get enough of our antics; they tell all their friends to "come
see/sonar". They just can't figure how something so totally unadapted
to the sea would try to swim in it. :-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old September 13th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Dillon Pyron

"kristinek" wrote in message
news:cfc40cad8635a8df7018cc9a6c5269d7@localhost. talkabouttravelling.com...

[...]

My all time favorite dive is an encouter we had with a pod of 12-14
dolphins off Belize. We were diving off the late Wave Dancer when we
first saw a single dolphin in about 60 ft. We were soon surrounded by
the pod, who hung with us at about 30 ft for 10 or 15 minutes. It was
nothing short of incredible. I'd never do a captive swim after that
experience.

--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.

Old September 15th, 2004, 02:39 AM
kristinek

The question was about Freeport vs. Nassau.
We went the dolphin encounter at Freeport.
We had no interest in being in the middle of the ocean swimming with a pod
of dolphins. We had 4 small children that we had taken snorkeling out in
the ocean at Nassau and that was not fun at all.
Although that might be fun for some, you have to take into consideration
who you are with and what the other people in your group are comfortable
with.
I saw nothing wrong with the dolphin pen. In fact, they did not keep the
dolphins penned in. The dolphin we interacted with was allowed to go in
and out as she pleased. The trainer was funny, friendly and knowledgeable
about dolphin behaviors. If you want to go into the middle of the ocean
with pods, I don't suggest the dolphin encounter. If you want a safe way
to interact with a dolphin for the first time, then I highly reccomend
it.