Tips for a long roadtrip?

Old April 17th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Yo

Default Tips for a long roadtrip?

I am going on a nice long roadtrip. I have a new car, ready for a ton of
miles, and I have some camping equipment to use along the way. This trip
may last several months, and most of it spent in my car or walking
around the places I visit. I have a nestegg to pay for it, but was also
thinking of doing a little work on the side to help pay for the trip.
Anyone have some tidbits of wisdom or advise?
Old April 17th, 2005, 01:23 AM

What country are you planning to visit? What is your country
of citizenship? What kind of work are you willing to do?

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Yo wrote:

I am going on a nice long roadtrip. I have a new car, ready for a ton of
miles, and I have some camping equipment to use along the way. This trip may
last several months, and most of it spent in my car or walking around the
places I visit. I have a nestegg to pay for it, but was also thinking of
doing a little work on the side to help pay for the trip. Anyone have some
tidbits of wisdom or advise?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Katherine Becker "As god is my witness
I thought turkeys could fly"
NEVER SEND A FERRET TO DO A WEASEL's JOB --WKRP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old April 17th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Ken

Yo wrote in :
I'm American, and plan to mostly visit the united states, but might
visit a couple of spots in Canada. As for work, I could fix computers.
However, finding people that would trust a traveling techie might be a
problem.

In the US, most short term on-the-spot jobs are for things like fruit
picking, construction, or gardening. I agree that you're not likely to find
a computer job without local references and a possibly lengthy hiring
process.

Old April 17th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Jim Logajan

Yo wrote:
Anyone have some tidbits of wisdom or advise?

You need to be a little more specific on the nature of tips you are asking
for. I don't know whether you want tips on places to visit, to avoid, or
how you might save money, or helpful books to buy, or whether you want to
know if AAA is worth joining, or ....

Old April 17th, 2005, 03:52 AM
keely

I would take some books on tape or cd to listen to while driving. They are
cheap at a half price or used bookstore. I have some family members that do
a lot of road trips and they have their laptop with a GPS system and then
antenna on car. It has come in handy many times. I think it might be nice to
have a book of cheap lodging places or bed/breakfasts. People living in the
area might clue you into some really unique places to visit that aren't in
the typical guidebooks.

Old April 17th, 2005, 07:34 AM
NIN

"Yo" wrote in message
I am going on a nice long roadtrip. I have a new car, ready for a ton of
miles, and I have some camping equipment to use along the way. This trip
may last several months, and most of it spent in my car or walking around
the places I visit. I have a nestegg to pay for it, but was also thinking
of doing a little work on the side to help pay for the trip. Anyone have
some tidbits of wisdom or advise?

small video camera (you will be amazed how much you use it the smaler it
is!) plus a digital camera.